Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Sick, 401k
Posted November 16, 2021The Maybourne Beverly Hills
Are you a media savvy person connected to the community in Los Angeles? The Director of Communication at the Maybourne Beverly Hills Hotel is the right role for you.
Communications Director for The Maybourne Beverly Hills
Based in the property, the person for this key role need to be super smart, creative and media savvy and above all connected to the community, with their finger on the pulse of both LA life and International global travellers. These days, we are not just in the business of hospitality and travel we embrace food and cocktails, art and design, fashion , beauty and wellness so the role also needs someone with an interest in all these areas and a true passion and drive to help put the Maybourne Beverly Hills firmly on the map and help turn it into one of the greatest hotels in the world. We are happy to think outside the box for this as it might not be someone with a traditional hotel background but they must be a team player and happy to roll up their sleeves and be hands on. The role report directly to the General Manager with dotted line to Maybourne Hotel Group Director of Communication in London with support of US PR agency MC Communications based in NY.
Key experience / activities for the role include :
• Responsible for creating a pro-active, creative communication plan for the whole hotel , particularly at this exciting time of development of new outlets , bars , restaurants , rooms and suites. Creating a strategic timeline , ensuring we create positioning stories as well as story angles to drive business and increase revenue and be brand guardian.
• To build and grow media contacts for the hotel both in local market and wider US and global market , incorporating traditional print titles , social media , bloggers and influencers. To be ‘tuned in’ to trends of the moment and trends of the future.
• To develop and work with the MBH hotel team to devise a series of creative, innovative media friendly collaborations and initiatives throughout the year to drive business to the property and key need points. With each promotion to create a strategic 360 communications document incorporating marketing, social media , press activities and launch plans.
• Oversee and devise creative PR shoots to help promote and ‘tell the story’ of activities across the hotel, working with approved photographers and stylists to create wow shots for PR and social media. In addition oversee any agreed media / celebrity shoots / fashion shoots throughout the hotel and identify good opportunities to use the hotel as appropriate backdrop etc.
• To be able to write engaging , fluent press releases with concise messaging and strategically pitch stories to range of media from business trend stories to beauty to travel to restaurants ensuring maximum coverage.
• To meet with all media visiting the hotel and create engaging experiences to ensure we are showcased to best advantage, giving a high level of personalization , enhance the journalist experience going way beyond the usual travel touches, as is our Maybourne philosophy.
• To be responsible for all social media channels for The Maybourne Beverly Hills with particular emphasis on Instagram. Create an engaging, storytelling creative visual style with tone of voice that reflects the spirit of the hotel , showcasing the wide levels of offerings across MBH , weaving in the services , products and staff , driving numbers and engaging with followers and monitoring insights. Identifying key influencers / affluencers within the local community to visit and share across their feeds.
• To become a key player within the local community. Encouraging movers and shakers within the fashion / style / entertainment / art / design /PR / movie world to use the MBH for their daily life and to ensure that local LA life centers around the hotel. From representing the hotel at local events to hosting regular lunches and drinks, this role needs to be a social connector and help position the GM at the heart of this life too. Represent the hotel at industry events, influential parties and proactive networker.
• To work with and make good contact with other luxury / appropriate brands / bodies to devise creative collaborations, opportunities to host events/ joint dinners , being ever mindful of brands and how to leverage them.
• To have a genuine love and passion for food and chefs, building a relationship of trust and respect with our chefs / restaurant teams, keeping up to date with the LA / US restaurant scene and local Socal farms / markets etc and identify ways of keeping MBH F&B outlets at forefront.
• To be able to build good relationships within the hotel teams from the GM to the luggage porter, playing an active part of the hotel life , communications PR activities to the teams in terms of motivation with coverage or presenting at regular staff meetings. Keeping Gm and executive teams abreast of activities and working with them to help drive revenue.
• To play a collaborative role within the global communications team supporting on key projects and activities as Maybourne Hotel Group develops globally.
Maybourne Beverly Hills is a contemporary luxury hotel in Beverly Hills. Our hotels have histories that stretch back over a century. And, while each one retains its timeless appeal and individual nature, we are committed to ensuring they are always in tune with the wants and wishes of today's discerning guests.
Blending our signature service style with the energy of Beverly Hills, expect culinary creativity and contemporary comfort, all wrapped up in a landmark location.
Maybourne Hotel Group owns and manages Claridge's, The Connaught, The Berkeley, The Maybourne Beverly Hills and The Maybourne Riviera – five of the world's most renowned hotels.
Our hotels have histories that stretch back over a century. And, while each one retains its timeless appeal and individual nature, we are committed to ensuring they are always in tune with the wants and wishes of today’s discerning guests.