Posted November 17, 2021DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Bedford Glen
We are expanding our kitchen team! JOB OVERVIEW: Prepare food items in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe, sanitary work environment. We offer an excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, a matching 401k, company paid life insurance and short/long term disability and more, plus a great team of co-workers!
We offer an excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, a matching 401k, company paid life insurance and short/long term disability and more, plus a great team of co-workers!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per check from servers.
2. Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over prepare estimated needs.
3. Date all food containers and rotate as per Crescent standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
4. Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
5. Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
6. Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems, control food waste, loss and usage per Crescent standards.
7. Operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron and flat top grill.
Hours will vary. We are happy to discuss full or part time options. Please be sure to complete the availability section of the application. Must be available to work weekends.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Finger/hand dexterity in order to operate food machinery. Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 100 lbs. on a continuous schedule.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Centrally located next to a range of businesses and nearby historic towns, this Bedford Glen hotel is set on 24 acres of wooded grounds, just 18 miles from Boston. Benefit from complimentary transportation within a five-mile radius and enjoy convenient proximity to three major highways.
Enjoy a comfortable and professional setting to catch up on work with complimentary WiFi throughout the hotel and a 24-hour business center. Situated close to a number of businesses and corporate parks, this Boston hotel presents over 13,000 sq. ft. of meeting space across 12 versatile rooms. Host a meeting in the fully equipped boardroom, or celebrate your next special event on the garden terrace or Grand Ballroom for up to 500 guests and let us help you with the planning.
Unwind in a spacious guest room and admire courtyard views, or upgrade to a suite and enjoy the extra space of a separate living area. Indulge with fresh, innovative cuisine in the cordial environment of SORA and feast on New England favorites while taking in spectacular garden views.