At Thompson Savannah, we believe our guests select us because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing authentic hospitality and meaningful experiences to each every guest. Thompson Savannah is a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're exceeded. It's a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry. It's a place where career opportunities are as unlimited as your imagination. Discover your place to shine in our warm, respectful, and inclusive culture.
Luxury along the Savannah River’s edge where the Historic District meets the burgeoning Eastern Wharf, honoring the city’s colorful past paired with today’s vibrant present. A steppingstone to all that Savannah has to offer from noteworthy historical sites to high-end shopping on Broughton Street to perusing eclectic art at the SCAD Museum of Art, Thompson Savannah is an urban oasis to relax, revitalize and rejuvenate. Indulge in the essentials: 193 supremely chic guestrooms including 21 spirited suites; a restaurant inspired by the bounty of the Georgia coast, swanky rooftop bar with post-card worthy panoramic views; a sprawling pool deck with private cabanas and sun room bar, state of the art fitness center, and nearly 8,200 square feet of flexible function space perfect for energizing meetings and serene nuptials.
- Cleaning of kitchen equipment: soup kettles, frying pans, ovens stove tops & burners, grills, deep fryers.
- Washing and sanitizing kitchen, coolers, storeroom areas, tables, shelves, floors, and floor mats.
- Removing waste and compost; sorting all recyclables and placing in their proper recycling units.
- Cleaning and sorting any remaining dirty dishware, glassware, tableware, as well as kitchen tools, equipment, and utensils.
- Refilling and restocking all soap and paper towel dispensers.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service oriented manner.
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
- Deliver any clean linen, if applicable, to assigned sections.
- Remove and sort dirty linens and towels in laundry areas.
- Complete special projects as assigned by Housekeeping Manager.
- Pick up any Room Attendant's dirty linen or trash as needed constantly throughout shift.
- Collect all trash from the service landings and take to/dispose in outside trash dumpsters per hotel procedures.
- Vacuum guest corridors as trained.
- Maintain the stairwells to hotel standards.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of linen rooms.
- Remove all objects (example: room service trays, trash, etc.) from guest hallways to the service area or Housekeeping Office as needed.
- Performing all other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate for this position
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 30 pounds without assistance.
- Capable of frequent bending, standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Exceptional organizational abilities and natural skill for multi-tasking and prioritizing.
- Available to work late shifts, as well as weekends and holidays.