Primary responsibility of a WaterparkBeverage-Bar Supervisor is to supervision, leadership and support to the Beverage department. To assist the Beverage Manager in the orderly running of event bars and lounge/bar venues throughout the resort. Assist in monthly inventories, weekly orders, scheduling needs for Beverage Team. To manage and maintain guest satisfaction in all waterpark beverage areas.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs for all beverage outlets within the Resort
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly, and courteous service at all times.
- Ensure that all food and beverage products are consistently prepared and served according to the venue's recipes, portioning, and serving standards.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility, and sanitation and cleanliness through training of associates and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant/bar/lounge/concession and resort policies and procedures.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations are met daily.
- Assist Beverage Manager to develop, coach, and train new staff and existing staff in all areas of managerial and professional development.
- Assist Beverage Manager in preparing all required paperwork, including forms, reports and staff schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant/bar/concession's preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the receiving policies and procedures.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant/bar/lounge policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant/bar/lounge/concession venue, associates and guests.
- Assist Beverage Manager when needed, to Coach, Monitor and Assist Associates' service to the guest to include: daily checklists, tour guides of the menu/beverage boards, knowledge of menu items with their methods of preparation and ingredients used, order taking, server steps of service, up-selling and/or suggestive selling, computer systems and methods of payment, coordinating timing of meal/beverage service with the kitchen, consistency of service, package positioning and presentation, guest interaction, problem solving, making the guests feel welcome, thanking them and inviting them back, Living the Kalahari Promise, clearing and general cleaning and organization of guest areas, side stations, and back-of-the-house equipment, maintaining resort property, inspecting pre-meal, after-meal prep, cleanup, and table/glassware settings.
- Work in concert with the Beverage Manager and kitchen teams to ensure back-of-the-house needs are being met.
- Ensure that the bartenders/bar-backs/cocktail servers are providing all orders on time and made with quality and consistency, according to specifications.
- Ensure that all associates are aware of guests' rate of consumption of alcohol and its effect and take immediate corrective action to help the guest as well as to protect the interest of Kalahari Resorts and its associates.
- Train and ensure that all servers, support staff, and bartenders are monitoring levels of alcohol consumption of guests in accordance with laws, practicing responsible alcohol awareness at all times.
- Ensure that all staff is following and practicing all laws pertaining to Alcohol Sales where applicable and Guest Safety.
- Ensure that all staff is following safe food and beverage handling procedures and providing a safe environment for our guests and associates.
- Understand how to open and close the bar/beverage station, and the ability to perform each position in the front-of-house and back-of-house.
- Train new shift leaders, bar-backs, bartenders, and cocktail servers, on such areas as wine etiquette, up-selling, pre and post beverage etiquette and meal service; as well as monitor current associates' consistency of restaurant/bar/concessions steps of service.
- Train staff in proper hygiene, uniform attire, food, beverage, up-selling, and cleanliness standards.
- Maintain par and inventory levels for business, guest, and resort specifications.
- Conduct and participate in training classes and all Daily Promise shift meetings, pre-meal service meetings.
- Report all concerns and problems to the Beverage Manager when appropriate.
- Ensure friendly and courteous customer relations at all times, identifying and welcoming current patrons and work to identify and grow future business through guest relations.
- Inspect and monitor venue ambiance to include serving stations, floors, seating, lighting, and music.
- Keep an open line of communication with all departments and keep them posted on what is happening in the department.
- Spot verify counts from inventory control clerk, to provide a check and balance system, and assist Beverage Manager in month-end inventories.
- Handle money, void tickets and check on all beverage/bar outlets.
- Enter Kronos info and code invoices.
- Assist Beverage Manager in maintaining budget goals concerning revenue, labor and cost of goods.
- Keep equipment running by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, and perform preventative maintenance and repairs.
- Must be able to speak and understand English
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the issues raised by Associates, Supervisors, Department Heads, Senior Management, and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgment.
- Make independent decisions while maintaining strong ethical standards consistent with company policy, rules and the ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger. Collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Dexterity in using bar equipment or utensils and carry heavy trays
- Well-organized and ability to lead and direct people
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Outstanding coordination and multi-tasking abilities
- A customer-oriented approach
- Great physical endurance
- Food handling certification may be required according to legal regulations
- Be able to understand the basic knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, associates and guests.
- Must have a bartender's license.
Supervises bar staff.
This job operates in an active and laud environment. Frequent changes in environment temperature (kitchen heat, walking coolers and freezers).
The Associate is occasionally required to run; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch. Constantly required to stand and walk, reach and grasp. The Associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Great balance is required.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, with various work hours and days, based on business needs. This position regularly requires evening and weekend work.
Preferred Education and Experience
High school diploma preferred but not required.
3 years of related experience and/or training;
3 years supervisory experience in bar, restaurant, kitchen, hotel, resort.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Kalahari Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.