Manages group rooms inventory and validate that group inventory is allocated and restricted properly to maximize revenue and profits. Provides group inventory management and group billing functional expertise to hotel leadership, event planning team, account/finance team, and revenue management team. Position has responsibility and oversight of the group housing team responsible for building all group blocks, group rates, and following all group billing steps in the hotel inventory and property management systems. Works closely with Revenue Management, Event Planning, Sales and Accounting teams to manage group blocks to maximize general inventory, verify clear communication and problem solving for group customers and planners, and provides an accurate and timely group billing process for all groups.
Education And Experience
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years’ experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
- 4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 -4 years’ experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
Core Work Activities
Analyzing And Reporting
- Compiles information, analyzes and monitors actual sales against projected sales.
- Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Accurately participates in the weekly and long range forecasts.
Managing Projects And Strategy
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Attends meetings to plan, organize, prioritize, coordinate and manage activities and solutions.
- Establishes long-range objectives and specifies the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Takes a predetermined strategy and driving the execution of that strategy.
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Explores opportunities that drive profit, create value for clients, and encourage innovation; challenges existing processes/systems/products to make improvements.
- Understands and accurately represents individual property sales needs.
- Manages group room authorizations, rates and restrictions.
- Serves as a group inventory and restriction expert to Director/Manager of Business Evaluation and Director/Manager of Revenue Analysis.
- Knows of total hotel revenue management concepts, processes and strategies (including sales cycles and trends, account management, pricing, and inventory management).
- Provides recommendations to improve effectiveness of revenue management processes.
- Promotes and protects brand equity.
- Observes, receives, and obtains information from all relevant sources
- Provides group inventory management and group billing functional expertise to hotel leadership, event planning team, account/finance team, and revenue management team.
- Manages group billing processes, including set up, preparation, and final bill review and collection.
- Maintains accurate information in all systems (Marsha, CI, PMS, Passkey, etc.).
- Develops and manages internal and external key stakeholder relationships in a proactive manner.
- Provides recommendations to improve effectiveness of and group billing processes.
- Verifies that technical questions relating to reservations and property management systems are escalated to the correct support desk in timely manner.
- Acts as a liaison, when necessary, between property and regional/corporate systems support.
- Attends staff/forecast/strategy/billing meetings as requested by property.
- Development of ongoing/continuous training for supervisors and subordinates in Group Services department.
Building Successful Relationships
- Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders (owners, corporate, guests, etc.).
- Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships.
- Provides targeted and timely communication of results, achievements and challenges to the stakeholders.
- Serves as the liaison, when necessary, between Sales, Reservations, and property management systems
Managing And Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Interviews and hires employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
- Develops, implements and maintains a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training successfully perform their job.
- Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position and monitors progress.
- Conducts employee performance appraisals according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Administers bonus and incentive programs.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and verifies that employees do the same within the team.
- Solicits feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems and concerns on a continuous bases.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.