EMPLOYER PAID PARKING
Posted June 27, 2022Hilton Appleton Paper Valley
$14.00 per Hour
Driftwood Hospitality Management’s company culture empowers our associates to take initiative, be proactive, and contribute to the success of their property with well-defined strategies and objectives. Driftwood Hospitality Management is renowned for our fully integrated approach to hospitality services — all with outstanding client service. Our team is made up of the best talent in the hospitality industry, down to every employee, position, and hotel.
JOB TITLE: HOUSEPERSON
REPORTS TO: Executive Housekeeping Manager/Supervisor
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs any combination of the following tasks to maintain guestrooms, working areas, and the hotel premises in general in a clean and orderly manner. Demonstrates a professional, friendly, warm and welcoming demeanor to all guests and employees. If hired a request will be made of the employee to sign and acknowledge technical and service training standards and expectations as well as a copy of this job description.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Collects soiled linen for laundering from rooms.
· Receives linen supplies from laundry and stocks linen closets on guest floors in a neat organized manner.
· stocks supplies
· Strips soiled linen from beds to help housekeepers.
· Removes trash collected by room attendants.
· Walks all assigned floors at beginning, throughout the day and end of shift to collect trash, soiled linen and other items as assigned by management.
· Transports clean linen to the housekeeping storage rooms on the floors and refills the par stock of linen on each floor
· Refills the par stock of guest amenities and supplies on each housekeeping storage area.
· Helps the room attendants with heavy lifting and special cleaning projects as directed.
· Removes soiled linen and trash from service areas and takes to appropriate locations in the prescribed manner.
· Assists housekeeping with placing bed boards, roll-ways beds, extra bed etc. in appropriate fashion per standard operating procedures.
· Reports missing / found articles, damage or merchandise problems to the housekeeping supervisor and managers.
· Responds at all times in a friendly, helpful manner to guests and other colleagues.
· Handles any tasks assigned by the supervisors as and when needed. The above description reflects on the general details considered to describe the principle functions of the job.
· Physical: Requires standing for long periods of time and on occasion may be asked to lift and carry up to 60 pound. While performing the duties of this job, it may be also required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Ethical Behavior: Work is generally performed in hotel guest rooms and public area.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $13.00 per hour
Work Location: One location
Helpful by nature, with a watchful eye, you’re happiest in motion. Upon arrival, you scan the area to see what needs attending. You enjoy tidying up and making sure everything’s in its place. You pitch in to help housekeeping with heavy lifting and attend to guest needs. You love saving the day when you find that missing treasure, whether expensive valuable or precious sentiment. If you’re ready for a change and want to make a difference, consider an opportunity with our hotel!
As Houseperson, you will:
Prior housekeeping experience is helpful. The ability to communicate effectively in Basic English is required. The ability to operate a vacuum & carpet cleaner is expected.
EEO: Driftwood Hospitality Management is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
333 W. College Avenue
Appleton, WI 54911
With a premier location in the heart of downtown Appleton, WI, the Hilton Appleton Paper Valley places guests within walking distance of a variety of restaurants, attractions, and businesses. Enjoy an evening at the Fox Cities Performing Arts Center, a two minute walk from the hotel, or visit Lawrence University, just a half mile down the street.