Have you ever thought of leading the catering sales effort at the Crown Jewel of DuPage County? Do you want to be part of a team that is focused, dedicated and wants to succeed? Then The Westin Chicago Lombard is for you! We are searching for a catering sales leader who thinks differently, who always finds a way to sell more and who wants to continually grow the business. We are searching for that dynamic individual to work with our sales and catering team to help lead us to our goals in 2022 and beyond. If you are the chosen one, expect days of laughter and focused selling efforts by passionate associates. Expect a completely renovated hotel that will help make the sales process easier. We are also the only 4 star full service hotel in DuPage County. We also boast 500 rooms and suites, along with over 40,000 sf of event space. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a winning team. Don't miss out on your opportunity to join not only a great hotel, but also a great management company in Crescent Hotels and Resorts. If growth is your thing, then let this be the start of your next career move.
If you fit the qualifications so far, there are just a couple more. The ideal candidate will have market experience, but it isn't required. Marriott experience is a plus, but not required. The position does require a minimum of 5 years hotel catering sales experience, preferably with larger event space.
JOB OVERVIEW: Train, supervise and work with all Catering associates in order to solicit and book Banquet and Catering functions resulting in customer satisfaction and profitability.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
2. Tour and inspect banquet and meeting space on a daily basis, reporting necessary repairs.
3. Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients.
4. Schedule and assign in detail, specific duties to all associates under supervision for the efficient operation of the Catering Department, coverage of functions in accordance with productivity standards.
5. Solicit new accounts and review previous banquet files to generate business. Oversee service of group functions once they are in house.
6. Write banquet menus, memos, and send out amenities for VIP Guests. Review and revise Catering Department, weekly events sheets and banquet event orders. Formulate and make revisions to annual and monthly forecasts.
7. Negotiate, prepare and write contracts and enter information into the automated sales system.
8. Interact with clients to determine needs and direct staff accordingly. Respond to telephone and walk-in inquiries of potential guests.
9. Create special themes and menus.
10. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
11. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
12. Perform any other job related duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
An empowering experience awaits you at The Westin Chicago Lombard, a dynamic destination for business travelers and vacationing families. Our hotel is located in the western suburbs of Chicago, providing a complimentary shuttle to the nearby Metra station, which takes you directly into the city. Stretch out in your intuitively appointed room or suite and enjoy amenities including the Westin Heavenly® Bed and White Tea by Westin™ bathroom products. Move well in the WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio, or rejuvenate with a swim in the indoor pool. Sample fresh fare at one of our on-site restaurants, which offer Italian cuisine, seafood or pick up a healthy on-the-go breakfast from Yorktown Market. We offer 39,000 square feet of venue space, including an expansive ballroom - the largest in Lombard. In your down time, walk across the street from our hotel to Yorktown Center, visit Morton Arboretum or venture into Chicago and explore. Whatever the reason for your Lombard visit, we look forward to making it special.