The Even Hotel Norwalk is seeking an energetic, outgoing, customer service oriented and experienced individual to fill the position of Night Auditor. The Night Auditor is responsible for balancing room, restaurant and bar work daily, posing balances charges and settlements in a timely and efficient manner. Maintaining files and reset the systems for next day operation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Prepare daily Restaurant Revenue Report data by auditing Point of Service tapes/journals to breakdown revenue, covers, waiters' fees, tips paid out and settlements by type and cashier.
2. Run audit reports/journals from the front office system, Point of Service and the computer.
3. Make corrections and adjustments and handle all computer problems that might occur throughout the shift.
4. Input into the front office system revenue/expenses/allowances to generate the daily reports such as the Guest Ledger Summary and the Daily Restaurant Summary.
5. Balance all revenue and settlement accounts nightly, maintain files and reset the system for next day operations.
6. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
7. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Six months of experience in a similar position or one year of experience working at the Front Desk.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Basic Accounting knowledge a plus
Excellent customer service skills
Excellent computer skills
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
This newly opened four-story property settled in Norwalk, CT offers 129 guest rooms with unique features that are refreshing to our guests. EVEN™ Hotel Norwalk is located near city attractions like Norwalk Islands, the Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk and Connecticut state parks. Only a short 35 minute train ride to nearby New York City metropolitan area destinations for plenty of things to do while visiting the city and experiencing a great stay at our hotel. Our hotel is easily accessible from the Westchester County Airport (HPN) in White Plains, New York.
Whether you’re traveling for business or leisure you won’t have to compromise your wellness routine. As a member of the newest brand from IHG® and one of the first EVEN ™ Hotels in the world, our facility is designed to help our guests maintain a healthy lifestyle while traveling.
Keep active with in-room fitness zones for private workouts and eat well when you choose from our selection of healthy food and beverage options, including made to order smoothies and Grab ‘n’ Go meals. Accomplish more with free Wi-Fi and mobile furnishings that give you the flexibility you need to be your most productive-self. You’ll rest easy with spa-inspired showers, signature EO bath products and all-natural eucalyptus linens. Start and end your day at EVEN ™ Hotel Norwalk as we provide you with the essentials for your healthy lifestyle.