The IT Data Scientist will be responsible to mine and analyze the SMSC's and the Gaming Enterprise's data, using statistical methods for data driven decision making. The IT Data Scientist will be responsible for formulating, advocating, developing and deploying enterprise wide data initiatives.
- Work as the lead data strategist, identifying and integrating new datasets that can be leveraged through our environment and work closely with the engineering team to strategize and execute the development of data products.
- Will stay on top of new analytic methodologies and technologies, and develop innovative ways to help business partners achieve objectives through analysis and modeling.
- Execute analytical experiments methodically to help solve various problems and make a true impact across various departments and domains.
- Identify relevant data sources and sets to mine for client business needs, and collect large structured and unstructured datasets and variables.
- Devise and utilize algorithms and models to mine big data stores, perform data and error analysis to improve models, and clean and validate data for uniformity and accuracy.
- Analyze data for trends and patterns, and Interpret data with a clear objective in mind.
- Implement analytical models into production by collaborating with software developers and machine learning engineers.
- Communicate analytic solutions to stakeholders and implement improvements as needed to operational systems.
- Democratize data and information across the SMSC Gaming Enterprise by ensuring data is available, usable, timely, reliable, accessible and secure.
- Be an advocate for leveraging data as a strategic enterprise asset by enabling and evolving quantitative based decision making at all management and operational levels
Reflects MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING, CERTIFICATION and EXPERIENCE required in order to meet the expectations of this job:
- Has a minimum of 6 years of experience in data management and/or data architecture.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or a related field required, Master's degree preferred.
- Skilled in the design, development, and validation of descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics.
- Proficiency with data mining, mathematics, and statistical analysis.
- Demonstrated leadership and executive communication skills and ability in working collaboratively with all levels of team members and management.
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, SQL, and programming languages (i.e., Java/Python, SAS).
- Working experience in the gaming/casino industry and working knowledge of overall resort casino business management practices preferred.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality as needed.
- Organize and prioritize work.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.