Grow your career as the Front Desk Manager!
The Hyatt Place Miami Airport - West / Doralis looking for a talented person who has a genuine care and passion for service to join their leadership team as the Front Desk Manager.
The Front Desk Manager will assist in the planning, direction, coordination and execution of all activities and personnel within the front office departments to include: front desk, bell/door, concierge (if applicable). The Front Desk Manager is responsible for ensuring that all front office activities are carried out professionally, to standards and at the highest level of service. The Front Desk Manager will achieve desired outcomes through assisting in the creation, development, and maintenance of a competent, motivated, and empowered staff.
The Front Desk Manager will effectively lead, train, coach, motivate, engage, and provide feedback to the front office staff on a daily basis. In the absence of a Front Office Manager, the Front Desk Manager will fulfill this role.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Leadership / Mentoring role for Hotel's Front Office employees.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all Front Office department policies/service procedures.
- Maintain complete knowledge of: a) all hotel features and services b) all room types, rates, special package and promotions c) daily arrivals / departures / room availability d) scheduled in-house group activities
- Complete daily walk-through of Front Office department areas observing the following and instructing designated personnel to rectify any organization deficiencies: Staffing -numbers, appearance, attitude Operational cleanliness and maintenance Service -appearance, merchandising, attitude General crispness, quality, and consistency of operation Storage areas -organization, cleanliness, inventories and care of equipment Review and respond to daily operational demands as it relates to the hotel.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly departmental financial and payroll forecasts.
- Monitor and handle guest comments.
- Monitor security of public areas of the hotel.
- Establish par levels for supplies and equipment.
- Monitor effectiveness of departmental staffing guide Provide training, development, professional discipline, and positive support for all department employees to ensure qualitative standards and growth, depth and development.
- Monitor interviewing and selection of all departmental positions to ensure consistency in administering direction, development of quality, depth and growth, and maintenance of positive motivation, morale and efficiency.
- Create and maintain a quality, professional work environment.
- Administer performance evaluations for all departmental employees.
- Anticipate guests and employees needs and respond promptly.
- Always promote positive guest relations.
- Conduct pre-shift meeting to review information pertinent today's business.
- Facilitate departmental strategic planning meetings.
Education and Experience
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent plus 2 years of experience in Rooms Division management.
- Computer skills required. Familiarity with Microsoft Office preferred. Experience with hotel information systems is required.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, identity, or disability status.