The Even Hotel Norwalk has immediate openings for energetic, outgoing and experienced individuals to fill the position of Line Cook.
We offer excellent benefits to include health, dental, vision, life, short-term/long-term disability insurance, 401(k) plan with
a match, vacation, personal hours, holiday pay, hotel room discounts and much more!!!
JOB OVERVIEW: Responsibilities include preparing food items in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe, sanitary work environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per check from servers.
2. Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over prepare estimated needs.
3. Date all food containers and rotate as per Crescent standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
4. Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
5. Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
6. Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems, control food waste, loss and usage per Crescent standards.
7. Operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron and flat top grill.
8. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
9. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
1 year of experience as a line cook.
Food handler certification.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
This newly opened four-story property settled in Norwalk, CT offers 129 guest rooms with unique features that are refreshing to our guests. EVEN™ Hotel Norwalk is located near city attractions like Norwalk Islands, the Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk and Connecticut state parks. Only a short 35 minute train ride to nearby New York City metropolitan area destinations for plenty of things to do while visiting the city and experiencing a great stay at our hotel. Our hotel is easily accessible from the Westchester County Airport (HPN) in White Plains, New York.
Whether you’re traveling for business or leisure you won’t have to compromise your wellness routine. As a member of the newest brand from IHG® and one of the first EVEN ™ Hotels in the world, our facility is designed to help our guests maintain a healthy lifestyle while traveling.
Keep active with in-room fitness zones for private workouts and eat well when you choose from our selection of healthy food and beverage options, including made to order smoothies and Grab ‘n’ Go meals. Accomplish more with free Wi-Fi and mobile furnishings that give you the flexibility you need to be your most productive-self. You’ll rest easy with spa-inspired showers, signature EO bath products and all-natural eucalyptus linens. Start and end your day at EVEN ™ Hotel Norwalk as we provide you with the essentials for your healthy lifestyle.