Posted May 14, 2022The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York
· Preparation, Production and Delivery of high-quality menu items in restaurant, lounge & in room dining as per the concepts in each area in adherence to quality and quantity standards
· Staffing and Scheduling of kitchens and allocation of duties.
· Assigning, supervising, coaching, counseling & motivating all culinary team members.
· Working hands-on to ensure seamless operation of different sections of the kitchen.
· Develop & execute systems and procedures that achieve higher cost efficiency and guest satisfaction.
· Create various platforms / documentation for standardizing menu items and operations including standard recipe cards, mise en place lists, yield cards, Menu Information Sheets etc.
· Responsible for all food inventory supplies in purchasing ingredients; evaluating the quality of food product deliveries; maintaining inventory levels, re-order points, storage requirements, and cost-controls.
· Assist in Product development, Sourcing, Vendor development.
· Manages customer confidence and satisfaction by responding to their special requests.
· Handle customer complaints immediately and communicate complaints, suggestions, compliments to the Executive Chef.
· To be friendly, courteous, and efficient in all guest interaction opportunities.
· Maintain safe, secure, and healthy food preparation environment by following and enforcing preparation standards and procedures, complying with sanitation and legal regulations.
· Have working knowledge of cleaning products and materials.
· Ensure good physical upkeep, condition of equipment and utensils in all the kitchen and coordinate with the Engineering department for the repairs and maintenance.
· Supervision of Banquet Events as per direction from Banquet Chef
· Checking of buffet set ups for Banquet events to ensure quality, presentation and consistency in offering, communication with banquet managers, captains, and floor stewards for any special requests / needs from clients
· Meet financial objectives by controlling cost, waste, and inventory controls without sacrificing quality or quantity (portion sizes)
· Assist the Executive Chef in Planning and Budgeting the food costs and other food and Beverage related costs for all the F & B outlets.
· Maintain and monitor energy conservation program for the Kitchens and related areas, assist in implementing environmental policies.
· Review the monthly and daily business reports of the hotel, specifically F & B report and assist the Executive Chef in developing a work plan to achieve greater results.
· Stay informed about the new developments in the world of cuisine, cooking techniques, kitchen equipment etc.
· Attends and conducts necessary meetings within the departmental and other departments of the hotel for smooth operations.
· Ensures all the kitchen records are always maintained properly.
· To be aware of all the house rules and to not only obey them, but to also assist in enforcing them on colleagues. To always conduct oneself in such a manner and encourage all fellow employees to do likewise.
· Implementation of hotel / brand policies & procedures, participation, and facilitation of hotel wide activities.
· Applicant must demonstrate strong leadership abilities and be a team player.
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, excellent command over written & oral communication.
· Decision making, Process improvement & Process management.
· A self-starter that is creative, flexible, and able to handle multitasks.
· Customer, Quality & Internal Customer focus
· Hiring, Training & Coaching
· Has high energy level and can handle high profile/high volume business.
· Ability to maintain a constant, even personality while working with kitchen team with as well as having good people skills.
· Strong sense of personal integrity and pride.
· Able to lift up to 30 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
· Sound knowledge in technical and technology related aspects of running a kitchen (e.g.: Basic Computer skills - MS Office, Recipe programs, Purchasing software; Payroll Software)
· Ability to work flexible schedule as necessary
Careers with The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York
The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York continues to set the standard for elegant, unrivaled hospitality in New York City. Its 189 rooms, 49 of which are suites, and superb location on Fifth Avenue steps from Central Park, and within immediate proximity to upscale boutiques and Manhattan's famed Museum Mile, make it a much coveted Upper East Side location. An exclusive Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star and AAA Five Diamond property and a member of Leading Hotels of the World, The Pierre has also been named one of Condé Nast Traveler's"Top 25 Hotels in New York City 2014" and among the "Top Large City Hotels in the United States by Travel + Leisure's 2014 and 2015 World's Best Awards."
Managed by Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces, The Pierre offers artful and highly personalized service, exemplified by white-gloved elevator attendants, and an expertly trained Guest Relations team who treat guests as royalty.
We are always interested in hearing from those who share our passion for delivering an exceptional guest experience.