The Banquet and Meeting Coordinator is responsible for: selling hotel rooms, generating awareness for hotel and company, supporting and enhancing sales initiatives that are compatible with LBA sales plans, strategies, and programs, in addition to the planning and coordinating all Banquets and Meetings.
The Company associates have access to guestrooms and property, character traits of honesty and trustworthiness are essential to this position. Therefore, associates must pass the appropriate security clearance, per company policy.
- One year experience similar capacity.
- Two years experience in service industry.
- High School diploma or equivalent of same.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Summary Of Essential Job Functions
Must be able to perform major life activities: Standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating.For this position specifically:
- Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 30 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch, reach.
- Must be able to see and hear.
- Must be able to speak and read English, the ability to communicate in another language may be helpful.
- Must display professionalism, honesty and trustworthiness at all times.
Required Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Identifying opportunities to achieve financial performance goals.
- Budget limitations and cost controls.
- Food and Beverage costs and how to figure.
- Selling strategies for highest profit of produce and services.
- Configurations and set ups for function space.
- Competition and what this property has (or doesn’t have) over others.
- Area shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions to assist guest inquiries.
- Daily hotel operations check daily events, bulletin boards and are up to date on changes, new procedures and events.
- Entire property, staff, services, hours of operation, type of rooms, locations, rates, discounts.
- Offer aggressive yet competitive Rate Agreements to local companies and leads that have extended stay business or multiple room business under the direction and approval of the General Manager.
- Passionately sell hotel guest room and meeting room through direct client contact to achieve (preferably exceed) revenue, ADR, Occupancy and RevPar goals.
- Establish a client base of primary and secondary market segments for extended stay business. Incorporate strategically in Sales Action Plans, on an “as need” basis and when agree upon by GM’s and DOS.
- Develop Top Accounts in competitor’s hotel to become “target accounts” for our hotel(s).
- Target, saturate, penetrate specific companies to reach true decision makers in position to refer to our hotel(s) while seeking new business and/orworking an existing account.
- Computer literate.
- Maintain organization of supplies and order as necessary.
- Sell effectively, Negotiate when necessary.
- Multi task, remain associate and guest service centric.
- Effectively communicate with guests, department heads, associates and home office support staff.
- Solve guest issues with professionalism maintain hospitable attitude.
- Market and promote to increase exposure and sales.
- Maintain banquet and meeting rooms through a preventative maintenance program
- Coordinate guest request with operational personnel.
- Promote positive morale and friendly attitudes.
- Complete admistrative duties in a timely manner: function sheets aka Banquet Event Orders, changes in guest request i.e. guarantees, set ups, agreements/contracts, distribution of gratuities, etc.
- Work within budgeted guidelines for maximum revenues and within labor models.
- Maintain safety and security practices, have thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Ensure guests are provided with the highest quality product and service.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the Associate Handbook, implement all the rules, policies and procedures established by the company; including, but not limited to, those contained in the Associate Handbook.
- Maintain certification from a brand approved responsible vendor training program.
- Other duties as assigned, that the associate is capable of performing.
Working Conditions/Special Requirements
Standing, walking for long periods of time while maintaining a friendly professional image. Be flexible in regard to work schedule. Be available as necessary 24/7, weekends and holidays.
Positions For Possible Advancement
Before the next promotion, this person should develop and train her/his replacement. The ability to teach skills and competencies will enhance leadership skills in preparation for further promotion, potentially as a Director of Sales, Guest Service Manager (GSM) or Assistant General Manager (AGM).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.