Posted December 26, 2021The Westin Chicago Lombard
JOB OVERVIEW: Responsible for selling group business from all markets/regions primarily handling no more than 10 to 20 room nights while maximizing revenues for all areas of the hotel. Assists in the overall efficient operation of the Sales Department, manages accounts to achieve guest satisfaction and solicits new and past business to ensure revenue goals are met or exceeded.
This position requires
REPORTS TO: Sr. Event Services Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Responds in a timely manner to incoming group/catering business opportunities.
2. Ensures that all business is booked within hotel parameters.
3. Conducts hotel site inspections and client presentations.
4. Create contracts and other related booking documentation as required. Manage and maintain client account files.
5. Prospect for new business – participate in sales blitzes, cold calling and contacting former clients to solicit new business and attends industry events/programs as needed.
6. Builds and maintains strong client relationships.
7. Detail events to include all food & beverage, set up and audio visual needs. Ask appropriate questions of the clients and make suggestions to ensure the details meet the group and the hotel’s needs.
8. Create group resumes and communicate client needs to all departments of the hotel. Ensure hotel staff follows through on all requests.
9. Use negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
An empowering experience awaits you at The Westin Chicago Lombard, a dynamic destination for business travelers and vacationing families. Our hotel is located in the western suburbs of Chicago, providing a complimentary shuttle to the nearby Metra station, which takes you directly into the city. Stretch out in your intuitively appointed room or suite and enjoy amenities including the Westin Heavenly® Bed and White Tea by Westin™ bathroom products. Move well in the WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio, or rejuvenate with a swim in the indoor pool. Sample fresh fare at one of our on-site restaurants, which offer Italian cuisine, seafood or pick up a healthy on-the-go breakfast from Yorktown Market. We offer 39,000 square feet of venue space, including an expansive ballroom - the largest in Lombard. In your down time, walk across the street from our hotel to Yorktown Center, visit Morton Arboretum or venture into Chicago and explore. Whatever the reason for your Lombard visit, we look forward to making it special.