Posted January 1, 2022Hyatt Centric Downtown Portland
Welcome to a Different Place!
Front Desk Agent Job at Hyatt Centric Hotel/ Guest Experience Host – Portland, OR
Shashi Group, LLC is a hotel ownership, development, and management company with active properties in the San Francisco Bay Area and plans to further expand its geographic reach. With 10 distinctive properties, both branded and boutique, Shashi is well situated in the Silicon Valley market. At Shashi Group, we’re culture-focused. We believe in empowering each team member to continue to grow and learn – to set and achieve new goals. We operate on a simple but essential belief: when you succeed, we thrive.
At Shashi Group we’re wired for next generation travelers who love open spaces, open thinking, and open expression. Our guests are tech savvy and confidently social, with an eclectic style they’re not afraid to show. We understand what our guests need, so we provide an affordable option for the tech-savvy design guru. If you are someone who appreciates tech-forward features and vibrant social scenes, then we invite you to explore a career with us.
Hyatt Centric Portland is currently looking for a full time Guest Experience Host to join our team. As a Guest Experience Host, you’ll be responsible for providing the highest level of service possible in an efficient, courteous and professional manner. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently, with or without reasonable accommodation.
What you will be responsible for:
• Resolve guest concerns in a satisfactory manner.
• Maximize daily room sales.
• Coordinate daily group arrival/departure preparation, special requests, room assignments and guest amenity programs
• Balance room types in the computer and identify designated requirements and requests.
• Review Front office log book and Guest feedback forms daily.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
Essential to succeed in this role:
• You must model the Aloft culture in every interaction and every relationship
• You possess excellent communication and leadership skills and are a strong, creative problem solver
• You are a proactive, self-starter who can work well both independently and as part of a team
• You are comfortable being a change agent and creating a welcoming environment
• You are confident and have the ability to think clearly on your feet and under pressure
• Pleasant telephone demeanor
• Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, professional manner
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Must have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
• Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
• Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness, and work with a minimum amount of supervision
• High school graduate, some college.
• Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with guests, management, co-workers and vendors.
• Previous experience in cash handling.
Shashi Group is an inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and will select a candidate based on job-related qualifications without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, religion, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), genetic information, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, or any other basis protected by state law, federal law, or local ordinance.
Full-time Pay: $16.00 per hour
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Employee discount
• Flexible schedule
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Referral program
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vision insurance
• 8 hour shift
• Night shift
• Weekend availability
Experience: • Hotel experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Discover Portland’s offbeat character from rooms in the heart of the City of Roses. Walk to quirky coffee shops, buzzed-about restaurants, chic Pearl District shopping, and landmarks like Powell’s bookstore, all within half a mile of Hyatt Centric Downtown Portland.