Regional Manager or Vice President of Operations
Responsible for the direct management and supervision of the hotel. Through the guidance and leadership of each department manager, create and nurture a customer-focused, team centered, and entrepreneurial environment necessary to produce a profitable hotel.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinates and supervises the various departments to ensure an environment in which high standards of comfort, service, and quality exist for our guests.
- Directs the Sales Management of the hotel.
- Forecasting and budgeting annually, as well as developing and monitoring of business plans.
- Actively participates in business, community, and civic affairs in the local area.
- Maintain proper employer/employee relations.
- Conduct performance evaluations for all department heads.
- Maintain the quality standards established by Onyx Hospitality and review these standards with department heads.
- Analyze operating statements and physical inventories for accuracy.
- Verify that the property is in compliance with all health, fire/safety, OSHA, and ADA regulations.
- Maintain personnel files and records in compliance with the state and federal laws.
Necessary Skills and Attributes:
Excellent verbal, comprehension, listening and problem solving skills
Report and accounting skills
Guest relation skills
BA or BS in Business Administration, Hotel Administration or Management
Certified Hospitality Administrator (preferred)
Hotel level direct sales and operations experience required. Previous team management experience along with a working knowledge of revenue management, the preparation of annual business and department budgets, monthly cost and spending controls, and payroll requirements are essential. In addition, a history with customer and vendor relations is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; bend; walk; use hands or finger; or feel objects, tools or controls; lift boxes (up to 15 pounds); talk and hear. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision to a computer screen.
Since 1986, Onyx Hospitality has enjoyed three decades of growth by fostering a welcoming environment for our associates and most importantly, our guests. By providing modern accommodations with friendly service each time, every time, we’ve earned a noteworthy reputation in our communities and across the hospitality industry.
Onyx Hospitality is always looking for quality members to add to our team!
We highly value those who believe in similar values as we do. Some of which include innovation, honesty, integrity, and respect.
We are also searching for people with talents and skills that lend themselves well to the hospitality industry.
Our goal is to recruit capable and outstanding members.
We provide our personnel with the resources to achieve greatness, both personally, and for the company as a whole.
Onyx hospitality rewards hard work, commitment and perseverance by always looking to promote from within.