Posted January 4, 2022The Westin Huntsville
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Check server and houseperson banquet event orders to ensure that all information is accurate.
2. Check room set-up to see that banquet event order directions are completely followed. Ensure that all public areas are neat and clean.
3. Make contact with group representatives. Explain how to make contact if needed throughout the function.
4. Communicate all banquet event order changes to catering or convention services office and affected departments.
5. Coordinate with banquet staff set-ups, changes and time schedules for all functions.
6. Verify staffing levels for the next day's functions. Adjust schedules accordingly through the addition or cancellation of servers/bartender/housepersons.
7. Operate as a banquet server when needed; setting-up, greeting and serving the guest and breaking-down the function.
8. Inspect banquet areas at end of function to ensure all equipment is returned to its proper area and all areas are clean.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Blending sophistication, elegance, and classic southern hospitality with the unique surroundings of Bridge Street Town Centre, The Westin Huntsville is the only AAA Four Diamond rated Huntsville hotel. We continue to thrive as the favorite for business travelers, local clientele, and vacationing visitors. Located within Huntsville's Cummings Research Park, the second largest technology center in the United States, and less than three miles from the U.S. Space and Rocket Center, our hotel offers everything a business traveler demands and everything a vacationer desires. The Westin Huntsville is an integral component of one of Huntsville's finest mixed-use development.