Posted January 9, 2022TownePlace Suites Memphis Olive Branch
We are seeking energetic, highly motivated and friendly people to take EXCELLENT care of our guests! Do you desire to develop the skills and the knowledge to grow within a company for advancement? Come and see why our guests and associates LOVE us!
Advertisement The ideal candidate for this position
We are looking for experienced housemen to be a part our Team! Our housemen respond promptly to guest requests, and collaborate with other departments to ensure seamless guest experiences. Candidates should have the desire and commitment to provide excellent customer service in all aspects of their position. Candidates should have a minimum of 1-year relative experience in the houseman position.
- Works well under pressure
- Wisely manages time and tasks
- Frequently standing up and moving about the work area, frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility, frequently bending, stooping and kneeling, frequently working in areas of high temperatures around heavy equipment.
- Can lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be flexible and available to work days, evenings, weekend and Holidays
- Cleans hallways, lobbies, corridors, elevators, stairways.
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes and polishes floors using brooms, mops and powered scrubbing and waxing machines.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture and draperies using vacuum cleaner.
- Dusts furniture and equipment.
- Polishes metalwork, such as fixtures and fittings.
- Washes walls, ceiling and woodwork.
- Washes windows, door panels and sills.
- Empties wastebaskets and empties and cleans ashtrays.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Stocks room attendant’s carts with linen and room supplies.
- Strip or remove dirty linen to laundry room.
- Responsibility assumed for careful use of supplies issued for performance of cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Proper uniform worn at all times.
- Acknowledgement and a pleasant greeting given to each and every guest.
- Thorough knowledge of all in house products along with local area information to assist customer when needed.
- Proper organizational skills displayed when stocking carts.
- Team effort displayed in keeping the commercial area clean and neat.
- Timely (within 10 minutes) response to customers’ needs for housekeeping supplies.
- Customer name used at all times upon entering an occupied room.
- Associate will empower himself/herself to accept any customer problem brought to their attention as their problem and do everything in their power to get the problem resolved.
- Associate will assist fellow associates in maintaining the storerooms in a clean, neat and organized state.
- Associate must display a team attitude and assist co-workers when the need arises
Feel settled in when you are on the road with this brand-new TownePlace Suites by Marriott. Our roomy suites with full kitchens and free Wi-fi are ideal for business or leisure travel. You will feel in charge with our extended stay amenities like our daily complimentary hot breakfast, outdoor swimming pool or the ultimate Weber grilling experience. When you are ready to venture out hop on U.S. highway 78 to explore downtown Memphis, Graceland, The National Civil Rights Museum, or the Memphis Zoo to name just a few. If work brings you to the area; you will find this location 20 minutes from Memphis International airport, less than 10 minutes to the area's growing distribution hub where you will find William Sonoma,View, AmericsourceBergen, BNSF railroad, Cardinal Health, FedEx and many more. Whether you're staying with us for the night, weekend or longer TownePlace Suite by Marriott Memphis-Olive Branch has everything you need to live life uninterrupted.