Lead a service revolution at the cozy Red House Tavern in the beautiful new Hilton Garden Inn Historic Haymarket! You will lead and inspire a team of service professionals as they create a dinner party every night of the week for our guests and neighbors.
The beautiful new Hilton Garden Inn hotel in the center of historic Haymarket is just a few weeks from opening, and we are filling all our team member positions.
Start or supercharge your hotel or food and beverage career with a team dedicated to superior guest service and personal growth.
Competitive Wages with higher hourly rates and great tips
Health, Vision, and Dental
Vacation and PTO
Training and Advancement
Superior Uniform Program
Hilton is one of America’s greatest places to work by Great Places to Work and Fortune magazine.
The hotel has outstanding food and beverage with its signature restaurant, the Red House Tavern. Executive Chef Joel Valente from the Inn at Little Washington is putting together a culinary team that will deliver a product that will bring regional acclaim. The Crossroads Café is a fourth wave coffee shop featuring locally roasted, organic, single source coffee from Haymarket Coffee Company and housemade baked goods.
Our Director of Culture is ready to help you join our team and make the necessary moves to bolster your career!
The Hospitality Director is focused on ensuring that guests in the Red House Tavern have a cozy, warm, loving, and inviting experience while at the restaurant.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new restaurant hosts/hostesses, servers, and server assistants.
- Oversees the daily operations and staffing of the Red House Tavern.
- Organizes and oversees the staff schedules.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with hotel policy
- Contributes to the departmental and property monthly goals for guest satisfaction scores by doing the job right the first time and giving exemplary service that goes above and beyond guest expectations. This is Job One for all team members.
- Ensures that Red House Tavern meets and exceeds all quality and service goals through effective leadership of the team and proactive programs. Sets the example for team member behavior and cultivates and maintains a highly positive workplace culture.
- Makes dining room guests feel like they are at a comfortable, unpretentious dinner party put on by the servers. Create a comfortable and celebratory atmosphere to complement the food being produced by the Kitchen Team. Have it be a reflection of how our customers live and entertain. Empower the Team to deliver this experience.
- Ensures that RHT Team Members understand the business casual dress theme for report for worked dressed accordingly.
- Ensures customer satisfaction with all aspects of the restaurant and dining experience.
- Oversees the reservation and seating process during peak times, maximizing the guest experience by hosting them in Crossroads while they wait and minimizing their overall wait times.
- Maintains contact with kitchen staff, management, serving staff, and customers to ensure that dining details are handled properly and customers' concerns are addressed.
- Acts as the Chief Host or Hostess, helping guests get on wait list, distributing cards for future reservations on RHT website, assisting guests to assigned tables, providing menus, introducing server.
- Answers telephone, makes reservations, and assists callers.
- Works the room as available, meeting and getting to know the customers, looking for special occasions, and putting a face with the names in the Seven Rooms CRM platform. Enter any appropriate information that could make future visits more enjoyable, such as anniversaries, birthdays, and organizations to which they belong.
- Requisition needed Team Members from the Culture and Development Director when openings are available.
- Interviews and makes recommendations to the Training Director and General Manager for candidates that are potential hires for the department. Trains, coaches, and counsels all RHT team members in a positive fashion.
- Works with the Director of Culture and Development to perform team member evaluations on their review dates.
- Monitors food quality, ensuring compliance with internal quality, health, safety, food handling, and hygiene standards.
- Takes personal responsibility to rectify guest complaints to their satisfaction. Listen actively to the guest’s complaint or concern, tell them what you are going to do, and then follow through, entering the issue in Quore and Seven Rooms, and taking personal responsibility to ensure the guest is satisfied with the outcome. Never let a guest leave unhappy.
- Ensures compliance with alcoholic beverage regulations.
- Makes safety and security a top priority. Is completely trained in competent in all emergency procedures and be ready to take charge in an emergency. Is constantly aware of potential security threats and models If You See Something, Say Something by notifying the Manager on Duty or any other Manager.
- Be alert to hazards anywhere observed in the hotel and take personal responsibility to ensure they are corrected.
- Inspects dining and serving areas to ensure cleanliness and proper setup.
- Inspects restrooms for cleanliness and availability of supplies and cleans restrooms when necessary.
- Conducts daily inspection of restaurant and equipment to ensure compliance with health, safety, food handling, and hygiene standards.
- Periodically evaluates restaurant equipment for repairs and maintenance; schedules for service.
- Identifies leads for sales by surfacing information on guests’ companies and reasons to visit and communicate them to Sales using the specified method.
- Collaborates with chefs to develop appetizing menus.
- Maintains sales records and tracks cash receipts.
- Prepares and submits operations reports and other documentation requested by above property Leadership.
- Maintains regular attendance in compliance with the hotel’s standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Wears appropriate brand required uniform and name tag during all scheduled shifts.
- Performs all other duties assigned from time to time.
- A pleasing, outgoing personality.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with food handling, safety, and other restaurant guidelines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous restaurant experience required; management experience preferred.
- Successful completion of corporate training program required.
- Ability to traverse all parts of the restaurant quickly.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at times.