Delaware North Gaming is hiring an Administrative Assistant to join our team at Hamburg Gaming in Hamburg, New York. As an Administrative Assistant, you will be responsible for performing clerical and administrative duties to help the organization run efficiently.
- Support a variety of tasks while exercising judgment and complete confidentiality, which includes answering phones and emails, screening telephone callers, determining who should be directed to other team members, creating, typing, and proofreading routine and complex memos, agreements, documents, letters, reports, presentations and spreadsheets from dictation, rough copies, or typed drafts.
- Provide basic administrative support which includes coordinating activities and meetings, preparing expense reports and processing invoices for proper delivery, arranging appointments, and contacting team members.
- Perform routine clerical duties, such as sorting, filing, distributing mail, making copies, and mailing routine letters. Opens and reviews incoming mail. Screens, sorts, and forwards mail to appropriate areas and responds to routine inquiries.
- Prioritize work to meet deadlines with minimal guidance as to established times. Coordinates vendor appointments, maintenance, and environmental upkeep for offices.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in administrative or office position, including experience with office administrative procedures, use, and operation of standard office equipment.
- Previous experience with a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both verbal and written communication.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, and percentages.
Who We Are
Hamburg Gaming, managed by Delaware North is at the Erie County Fairgrounds in Hamburg, N.Y., near Buffalo. The property features 940 gaming machines on the main gaming floor and an outdoor gaming patio.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.