This is a full-time position. The Operations Controller is responsible for managing cost controls, budgeting and forecasting processes, financial analysis and reporting, and accounting procedures for a single branch or region with multiple locations ranging from small to large sales volume operations. This position is responsible for effectively implementing company defined financial metrics throughout their area of responsibility. The Operations Controller is primarily responsible for providing fact based input into development projects by working with field management in accurately evaluating financial risks and returns of potentially new business opportunities. This position is responsible for the direct management of the activities of their respective accounting staff. This position is responsible for the evaluation of the accounting processes for their geographic area, and makes the appropriate recommendations and/or implements the appropriate solutions. This is an exempt position and typically reports to the Business Controller.
- Manages the preparation and transmission of branch accounting information such as sales and profit figures, payroll data, accruals, transfers and inventories
- Oversees maintenance of internal accounting records and is responsible for preparing timely area management and corporate/regional reports
- Maintains the appropriate control environment within their area of responsibility ensuring compliance with all corporate accounting standards within the region and provides necessary training to branch management in accounting standards and corporate policies and procedures
- Manages the budget and forecast process for the region including review and validation
- Provides accurate fact based analysis for ad hoc reporting as requested by Sr. Management
- Prepares reports and presentations, including developing financial bridges for the Business Controller review
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance (CPA/MBA preferred); experience in Food and Beverage or Retail operations a plus
- Requires strong accounting skills with a focus on reconciliation of ledger accounts
- Requires 7 years in financial or business analysis, preferably in a medium to high volume environment
- Requires an advanced working knowledge of Excel including financial modeling skills
- Requires strong organizational skills, as well as the ability to work independently while managing multiple tasks
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Requires ability to build strong relationships and function well in a heavily matrixed organizational environment, as well as develop strong relationships with external partners including Joint Ventures, sub-tenants, landlords and vendors
- Previous experience in reading and interpreting contractual agreements a plus
- Requires the ability to travel 25%
All job offers will be conditioned on candidates being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical and religious reasons will be considered.
With a career at HMSHost, you really benefit! We Offer
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off (vacation, flex or sick)
- Holiday pay
- Meal and Transportation Benefits
- *401(k) retirement plan with company match or Pension
- *Company paid life insurance
- *Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Training and exciting career growth opportunities
- Referral program – refer a friend and earn up to $500
*Benefits may vary by position so ask your recruiter for details.
HMSHost is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. HMSHost is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.