Direct Link to Apply:
Job Description Summary
The Temp HR Coordinator (Month to Month basis) assists in carrying out various human resources programs and procedures for all hotel associates including employee benefit administration, payroll support, new hire processing, and employee relations & recognition programs. Administrative support includes typing, data entry, filing, answering phones, responding to associate requests, printing reports and maintaining records. The HR Coordinator will use multiple outlets to creatively communicate information to all hotel associates.
The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of Human Resources as well as general administrative responsibilities. They will be able to work autonomously and efficiently with HR software and tools.
Administration and General HR Support
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events etc. and maintain the team’s agenda. Attend designated meetings, take minutes, and distribute.
- Complete and maintain data entry into Workday system. Compile reports from the database as needed. Produce and submit reports on general HR activity
- Report to Human Resources Director any employee complaints, relating to benefits, paychecks, manager/employee relations issues, etc.
- Fulfill a variety of employee needs including but not limited to: provision of name tags, parking passes, direct deposit forms, employment verification letters, etc.
- General HR office support including, receive and distribute communications to appropriate personnel; Make photocopies; Type correspondence, memos and reports.
- Maintain employee files: create files for new employees and ensure that all paperwork pertaining to each employee is placed in the appropriate file on a timely basis.
- Maintain current knowledge of all benefit programs. Effectively communicate and promote employee benefit plans; answer all employee questions or refer them to appropriate resources.
- Assist in the off-boarding process which includes but is not limited to scheduling exit interviews, WD transaction, collection of company property, employee communication, etc.
- Stock HR office supplies.
- Retrieve and distribute HR departmental mail.
- Ensure all HR areas are kept clean, stocked and presentable. Especially the outside HR computers and the computer in the cafeteria.
Recruitment and New Hires
- Process all newly hired employees in coordination with Human Resources Director. Schedule new hire for orientation. Assist new hires with name tags, parking passes, uniforms and locker assignments.
- Assist with Orientation, hotel tour, etc.
Employee, Candidate and Guest Service
- Anticipate employee and guest needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all customers, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Answer phones and greet all individuals arriving at the HR office. Respond appropriately to all requests.
- Maintain employee communication areas such as bulletin boards, cafeteria, employee entrances and locker rooms.
- Coordinate employee activities such as Employee of the Quarter/Year, GM lunches and birthday and anniversary recognition programs.
- Maintain friendly, positive employee relations at all times.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain knowledge of all hotel services/features and hours of operation.
- Deliver Passionate & Engaging Service to our Guests
- You will be passionate and truly engaged in taking care of our guests, recognizing individual guests and anticipating their unique needs in order to exceed their expectations
- You will consistently deliver our GUEST model:
Greet or welcome everyone, warmly with a smile
Use eye and ear contact and guest’s name
Solve and own all requests/complaints
- Build solid relationship with your Colleagues
- Treat colleagues, employees and candidates with respect and dignity
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. The employee is expected to work in other areas of the hotel when needed to assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained in this job description.
Additional Job Description
A candidate for this position must possess the following applicable knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to demonstrate and provide applicable examples to support his/her competency.
- At least one year of human resource experience
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish
- Experience with Workday strongly preferred
- Track record of delivering exceptional service experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
- Knowledge of HR processes and best practices
- Strong ability in using MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Familiarity with social media recruiting
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all staff
- Exercise a high degree of initiative, judgment, and discretion
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; high school diploma or GED required