Contributes general knowledge and skill in technology to provide first-and some second-level support including break-fix (repairs, installations, maintenance of systems) for designated area. Generally works within well-established guidelines to complete routine tasks. Responsible for performing repairs, installations, and maintenance for property-based systems with a particular area. Has knowledge of sophisticated technology equipment/processes and Marriott proprietary systems.
Candidates must be located in Tampa, FL area.
Education And Experience
- College degree or equivalent work experience. Possess 2-4 years’ experience in like Information Technology position.
- Previous experience in Marriott IT.
- System-related professional certifications desired.
Core Work Activities
Managing Technology Needs Within Budget Targets
- Assists and/or provides input to IT Leadership for CAPEX and department operating budgets based on anticipated IT projects and property support/needs requirements.
- Confirms that area is in compliance with appropriate Marriott International Policies (MIPs) and Information Security Manuals (ISMs). Implements solutions as directed to resolve discrepancies.
- Places equipment orders as directed relating to personal computers, telecommunications, local servers/networks; processes invoices.
- Conducts periodic inventories of applications and hardware; prepares reports for property management as requested.
- Confirms that technology assets are secured.
- Complies with technology-related vendor contracts.
Building And Sustaining Relationships With Customers
- Writes and presents proposals, analyses, project plans, cost models, etc. in written and/or oral formats.
- Provides customer service.
- Responds to inquiries from customers/vendors/peer group.
- Provides detailed status reports as requested.
Ensuring Client Technology Needs Are Met
- Assists in disaster recovery and business continuity as it relates to technology.
- Provides technical guidance.
- Escalates support for all Marriott approved technology solutions (i.e. mobility devices, GPNS) & Request Center Processes.
- Provides escalation and guidance to property pertaining to guest & associate internet access requirements.
- Escalates problems as appropriate through direct supervisor, CLS IT Field and/or Marriott IT resources.
- Images desktops, installs new software applications, applies patches, maps drives to appropriate server/network.
- Moves/adds/changes PCs/peripherals; migrating data when necessary.
- Performs routine desktop backup as scheduled or directed.
- Provides end-user support.
- Confirms technology security (i.e. encryption, patch deployment) and technology compliance (i.e. Quarterly ID Audits, MAARK1) measures are in place.
- Supports unit infrastructure (servers, switches, router, APs etc.) and engages appropriate MI IT&/or Vendor resources.
- Assists in creating and maintaining secure server environment. Performs server backups and routine preventative maintenance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- Provides project support for corporate, regional and property initiatives.