Posted January 14, 2022Crowne Plaza JFK Airport New York City
REPORTS TO: Executive Housekeeper
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Supervise the housekeeping staff; providing open communication, training, coaching and counseling and providing performance feedback to ensure maximum efficiency.
2. Supervise and inspect the cleaning of the guest rooms, turndown service, public areas and back of the house; ensure compliance with accident/loss prevention programs, health/sanitation standards and regulations to achieve a high level of cleanliness and guest satisfaction.
3. Issue assignments to staff reviewing special requests and areas of concentration to ensure a smooth flow of the housekeeping operation.
4. Issue supplies/goods to staff at beginning of shift in order to control inventory and ensure proper supplies are available while controlling expenses.
5. Respond to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure guest satisfaction.
6. Log items into the Lost and Found and answer inquires to maintain controls and ensure guest satisfaction.
7. Implement emergency training and procedures to ensure appropriate protection of the hotel, guests, staff and company assets.
8. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
9. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to grasp, lift, carry or otherwise move materials weighing up to 100 lbs. Ability to move throughout building, bend, stoop and reach to assist other staff members, i.e., room attendants, housepersons, and inspectors to complete their individual tasks if situation demands.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Crescent. Every Crescent associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Crowne Plaza JFK Airport New York City is an upscale full service hotel with spectacular Airport and City views located ¼ mile adjacent to JFK International Airport. The Hotel features 335 guest rooms and suites that feature King size or two Queen beds, full size iron and ironing board, in-room coffee maker and an extensive HDTV channel selection. Located in the Hotel is a 130 seat restaurant and a 50 seat Manhattan style lounge. The décor is contemporary and the sleeping rooms offer such amenities as free wired and wireless INTERNET access, in-room refrigerators and in-room safes. The Crowne Plaza JFK Airport New York City Hotel also features 10 meeting rooms for a total of 4, 540 sq. ft. located on the 9th floor with natural lighting and magnificent Airport and City views. All meeting rooms are equipped with State of the Art Audiovisual equipment.