Part Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to all employees).
The Floor Technician may work in any location on client premises. This individual cleans and maintains floors, carpets and hard surfaces in facilities or locations in the areas of commercial, health care, schools, universities, or other establishments. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements, and industry requirements.
- Maintains floor surfaces and stairwells, including, but not limited to the following:
- Sweeps, mops, buffs, polishes, scrubs, strips and refinishes hard-surface floors using heavy equipment.
- Vacuums, spot cleans and extracts carpeted floor surfaces.
- Notifies supervisor concerning any need for any maintenance repairs or additions observed.
- Performs routine operational maintenance of cleaning equipment per manufacturer specifications.
- May clean furniture.
- May empty trash, linen, and garbage containers.
- May handle hazardous waste in accordance with government regulations and Sodexo standards.
- May wash walls and maintain baseboards and cove base molding.
- May assist in training other employees.
- May participate in the maintenance of wood floors, such as in Gymnasiums or Dance Studios, to include cleaning, screening, stripping, sanding, and refinishing.
- May participate in snow and ice management and removal duties, including the operation of snow removal equipment
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- May drive golf carts, or other vehicles.
- May assist in inventorying floor care products.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity in light of Sodexo time and attendance policies and/or client operating hours.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- 12 months of related work experience preferred.
- Experience in all phases of floor and carpet care preferred.
- Knowledge of cleaning agents, equipment, and methods of soil removal.
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
- Ability to use relevant electronic devices.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location)
- Generally, in an indoor setting, however, may participate in in outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
- Will be exposed to various cleaning chemicals.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.