Posted January 15, 2022Yaamava Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Reporting to the Operations Support Manager, the Facilities Onboarding Specialist will hold high responsibility in the development, preparation, revision and implementation of the Facilities department’s hiring, orientation and onboarding process. This role is ideal for an innovative, process-oriented individual that is able to manage a high volume onboarding process and applicant tracking for departmental use. This position requires one to collaborate with members of management to ensure a seamless and consistent onboarding and training process for all department new hires, transfers and existing team members. Must also maintain a strict level of confidentiality and act in a manner consistent with all legal and regulatory requirements and in compliance with relevant laws and regulations. The individual selected for this role is expected to assist in championing the goals and priorities of the Tribe in a manner that reflects and upholds the Tribal Community’s vision, mission and values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Responsible for the execution of department recruiting responsibilities including, but not limited to attending hiring events and interview sessions, tracking each applicant in process prior to being hired and prioritize updating management of potential staffing level concerns.
2. Ensure a consistent and exceptional onboarding experience while conducting New Employee Orientation to provide a successful transition for new hires joining the Enterprise and department, including a tour of the facility for new hires as needed.
3. Coordinate with training personnel to schedule training courses in accordance with training needs, maintain training records current, and ensure compliance on required trainings for all department team members.
4. Interact directly with department new hires throughout the onboarding and probationary period to assist with any questions or needs, while welcoming feedback for improvement to the onboarding process.
5. A critical factor for success involves the continuous creation and improvement of the employee experience, delivering a measured and quantifiable impact to retention efforts of Facilities employees becoming the benchmark for Gold and Turquoise standard practices within the Enterprise.
6. Responsible for department completion on all engagement action plans adopted by management, including meetings, tracking and delivering applicant or new hires status, and maintaining a high level of accountability.
7. Collaborate with all team members for continuous improvements to the department hiring and onboarding process.
8. Coordinate and ensure a high level of hospitality during the department’s weekly orientation by providing handouts, packets, refreshments and comfortable accommodations for new hires.
9. Maintain strong working relationships with department management, as well as multiple internal departments to successfully resolve any challenges new hires may experience.
10. Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel was formerly named the San Manuel Casino.
We are located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA, Our gaming resort is owned and operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority.Phase 1 of our expansion opened July 24 with an expanded casino space offering more than 6,500 slots, five high-limit gaming rooms, live entertainment, a full array of dining options which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, the Hong Bao Kitchen, Just Barbeque, the Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, the Chingon Kitchen, Quick Bikes, the Big Mo’ Cafe, the TuTu’s Food Court and six cocktail lounges and bars.
Our luxury resort features a 17-floor hotel tower with 432 guest rooms and suites, an elevated pool deck experience, a lavish full-service spa and salon, expanded dining options, convenient 24-hour in-room dining. Our gaming resort offers sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry.
At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be.
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive Benefits Program:
Apply today to join our team!