Posted January 15, 2022Yaamava Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Mechanic performs inspections and repairs to the interior and exterior of the facility by maintaining a proactive and innovative approach to repairs and troubleshooting of complex maintenance problems to develop creative solutions. The individual selected for this role is expected to assist in championing the goals and priorities of the Tribe in a manner that reflects and upholds the Tribal Community’s vision, mission and values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Complete tasks that include but are not limited to, installing office fixtures, assembling furniture, door and mortise lock repair, drop ceiling repair, and general maintenance as assigned.
2. Conduct plumbing repairs and preventative maintenance to restrooms including copper lines, fixtures and hardware, caulking, floor drains, toilet drains, urinal drains, angle stops and shutoff valves.
3. Conduct general wall repairs such as painting, drywall installation, including the installation of wall paneling and chair rails.
4. Repair and install all flooring types including ceramic, LVT, epoxy, hardwood flooring carpet and cove base.
5. Move and install office furniture, machinery, equipment and other materials as requested.
6. Operate hand tools, power tools, pressure washers, aerial lifts and forklifts, including knowledge in erecting scaffolding and various rigging to gain access to difficult areas.
7. Document work performance, material usage, estimated repair time, and status using the work order system, in addition to working with various trades, vendors, general contractors, and sub-contractors in completing projects or tasks. Request necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
8. General knowledge and understanding of plumbing, electrical and HVAC.
9. Clean and maintain work areas, as well as keep inventory of maintenance supplies and equipment, and report needs to supervisor.
10. Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel was formerly named the San Manuel Casino.
We are located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA, Our gaming resort is owned and operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority.Phase 1 of our expansion opened July 24 with an expanded casino space offering more than 6,500 slots, five high-limit gaming rooms, live entertainment, a full array of dining options which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, the Hong Bao Kitchen, Just Barbeque, the Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, the Chingon Kitchen, Quick Bikes, the Big Mo’ Cafe, the TuTu’s Food Court and six cocktail lounges and bars.
Our luxury resort features a 17-floor hotel tower with 432 guest rooms and suites, an elevated pool deck experience, a lavish full-service spa and salon, expanded dining options, convenient 24-hour in-room dining. Our gaming resort offers sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry.
At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be.
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive Benefits Program:
Apply today to join our team!