The Bell Attendant plays a vital role in making our guests feel welcome and important by handling the guest luggage with friendly, courteous and expedient service, and by ensuring that the guests are comfortable and satisfied in their guestroom upon arrival. Upon departure, the Bell Attendant assists in transferring the guests’ luggage and belongings to their vehicle on the front drive.
Our genuine engagement and positive energy provide guests an escape from their routine into our exciting fantasy world of fun, chance, and possibility, where everyone feels a sense of belonging and importance.
Our enthusiastic commitment to our purpose inspires and empowers us to do everything right, have fun, and be the best. We will be recognized fairly, elevating our levels of personal accountability, and focus on our customer. The resulting creation of wealth will grow opportunities for all.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project a positive image
- Actively greets and acknowledges all guests upon arrival and departure
- Actively opens doors to hotel
- Promptly assists guests unloading luggage upon arrival
- Processes information on Bell Tickets accurately
- Practices AAA Four Diamond Bell Standards for arrivals and departures
- Executes required guest service standards to ensure guests are happy and well served
- Handles and delivers guest luggage and belongings at check-in and checkout
- Escorts guests to Front Desk and guestrooms as needed; Performs room orientation according to established standards
- Stores and returns stored guest luggage as needed
- Actively resolves guest issues and disputes
- Disseminates information to guests regarding the property, hotel, food outlets, spa, promotions, etc.
- Keeps front drive, lobby area, and back office areas clean and orderly
- Reduces claims by strict adherence to departmental policies & procedures
- Processes guests’ requests for electric scooters and wheelchairs according to established procedure
- Assists Front Services in parking and retrieving of guests’ vehicles as directed
- Assists Booth Attendants in processing Valet requests for parks and pulls in Computerized Valet Parking System
- Performs other duties as assigned
Job Requirements: (please ensure you meet the listed requirements prior to applying)
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older
- High School diploma or GED required or currently enrolled and successfully complete a GED program within 6 months from start date as a condition of continued employment
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Successfully meet the standards set by an interview panel regarding communication skills, guest services skills, and obvious demonstration of a naturally outgoing, friendly, helpful personality and positive attitude
- Must successfully pass job interview, including a guest service audition
- Must have and maintain valid state-issued operator driver’s license
- Any DUI conviction within the last three (3) years will disqualify any applicant
- Must have the ability to safely operate vehicles
- Must have willingness and ability to work in a smoke/secondary smoke environment
- Must be able to stand, walk, or run for entire shift
- Must be able to run to retrieve vehicles and run to valet booth after parking vehicles as directed
- Willing to work odd and irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Willing to travel and participate in training as recommended or required
- Must have a Tribal Gaming License (or the ability to obtain and maintain a license) as a requirement for this position
- Must be able to endure outside elements/conditions – heat, cold, wind, rain, etc.
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment – phones, computers, etc.
- Must be in good physical condition and able to pass a physical fitness test if administered
NATIVE AMERICAN INDIAN PREFERENCE IN HIRING POLICY SHALL BE ADHERED TO AT ALL TIMES
On-line applications are accepted at www.windcreekhospitality.com/careers. For internal employees please submit your Internal Job Posting Form to Human Resources located at the WCA property 1st floor Human Resources office.
Complaints about the recruitment or selection process for employment should be directed in writing to office of the President and CEO of Wind Creek Hospitality.