Front Services Runners play a vital role in making guests feel welcome and important by ensuring that their cars are parked and retrieved with friendly, courteous and expedient service. Runners are also responsible for handling the guest’s luggage, ensuring that guests are comfortable and satisfied in their room upon arrival.
Our genuine engagement and positive energy provide guests an escape from their routine into our exciting fantasy world of fun, chance, and possibility, where everyone feels a sense of belonging and importance.
Our enthusiastic commitment to our purpose inspires and empowers us to do everything right, have fun, and be the best. We will be recognized fairly, elevating our levels of personal accountability, and focus on our customer. The resulting creation of wealth will grow opportunities for all.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Projects a positive image
- Greets and acknowledges all guests upon arrival and departure
- Opens guest car doors
- Accurately fills out proper documentation, safeguards company assets, uses guests’ names during transactions and allows quick location and retrieval of guest vehicles
- Issues Valet tickets upon arrival according to guidelines
- Inspects and documents vehicular damage
- Processes Valet retrievals as per guidelines
- Keeps office areas, parking lots, lobby area and front drive clean and orderly to ensure that space usage is maximized
- Explains parking options to guests as needed
- Lifts, positions, and removes barricades and signs in order to open or close parking areas
- Actively greets guests and opens doors to hotel
- Executes required guest service standards to ensure guests are happy and well served
- Handles and delivers guest luggage and belongings at check-in and/or checkout
- Escorts guests to front desk and guestrooms as needed
- Performs room orientation according to established standards
- Stores and returns stored guest luggage as needed
- Actively resolves guest issues and disputes
- Disseminates information to guests regarding the property, hotel, promotions, etc.
- Reduces claims by strict adherence to departmental policies & procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
Job Requirements: (please ensure you meet the listed requirements prior to applying)
- High School diploma or GED required or currently enrolled and successfully complete a GED program within 6 months from start date as a condition of continued employment
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older
- Good writing and verbal communication skills required; a skills test will be administered and candidate must achieve at least 70% skills pass rate- required
- Must have the ability to safely operate automatic transmission vehicles
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to complete a timed running test
- Must have and maintain valid state-issued operator driver’s license
- Must be able to successfully pass a MVR (motor vehicle report) check
- Any DUI conviction within the last three (3) years will disqualify any applicant
- Ability to also safely operate a manual transmission vehicle, in addition to automatic transmission, is preferred
- Successfully meet the standards set by an interview panel regarding communication skills, guest services skills, and obvious demonstration of a naturally outgoing, friendly, helpful personality and positive attitude
- Must successfully pass job interview, including a guest service audition
- Must be able to stand, walk, or run for entire shift
- Must be able to run to retrieve vehicles and run to valet booth after parking vehicles during the entire shift
- Must be able to endure outside elements/conditions – heat, cold, wind, rain, etc.
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment – phones, computers, etc.
- Must be in good physical condition and able to pass a physical fitness test if administered
- Must have willingness and ability to work in a smoke/secondary smoke environment
- Willing to work odd and irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Willing to travel and participate in training as recommended or required
- Must have a Tribal Gaming License (or the ability to obtain and maintain a license) as a requirement for this position