Posted June 27, 2022Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
Summary of Position:
The Assistant Front Office Manager is responsible for providing support and leadership to the Front Office Manager and the Front Office Team. This includes providing friendly, efficient and hospitable service by assisting with guest challenges and meeting with meeting planners and staff. This position is also responsible for staff development, as well as labor and forecasting duties.
• Professionally resolve guest challenges, documenting all challenges in writing using clear and concise English.
• Review house setup including VIP and VVIP arrivals, greeting guests at Front Desk when possible.
• Read and answer all e-mails. Listen and respond to all voicemails.
• Assist the accounting department by handling routine billing questions and applying third party and guest credit cards to applicable reservations.
• Assist reservations with checking all third party commissions to make sure they are correct.
• Assist with the ordering of departmental supplies.
• Review groups and group files. Make sure all information contained in-group resumes has been passed along to the front office team in the most efficient manner.
• Review and respond as necessary to all internal guest surveys and external review sites such as TripAdvisor and Expedia.
• Manage budget by reviewing all reports and labor consistently, check staffing levels and decide when to add or remove staff after consulting with Front Office Manager.
• Management of the front office staff to include the Front Desk, Bell Desk and PBX departments. This will include coordinating all hiring and coaching of associates with Human Resources department.
• Audit and manage banks as well as auditing Guest Service Agent (GSA) banks at the beginning and end of their shifts.
• Provide personal service by welcoming all VIP arrivals.
• Complete Manager on Duty (MOD) Report and distribute to all managers.
• Maintain the front office checkbook by entering invoices on a timely basis.
• Attend pre-convention and staff meetings when necessary.
• Perform any other duties assigned by the Front Office Managers, Resort Management and/or the General Manager.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required, College degree preferred
Experience: Prior hospitality experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Able to train and supervise with strong leadership skills
• Able to make quick and efficient decisions to benefit the team and guest.
• Able to memorize and perform Grand Service Standards, AAA 4-1/2 diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
• Able to use a moderately complex computer system and troubleshoot software problems
• Able to utilize a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error
• Behaves ethically
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa puts you in the midst of one of Phoenix, Arizona's most naturally beautiful places. The region's only AAA Four-Diamond all-suite hotel is ideally situated on the doorstep of 17,000 acres of South Mountain Preserve, the largest municipal park in the nation and the most visited hiking destination in the state. The resort is conveniently located just six miles from Phoenix’s Sky Harbor International Airport and features a variety of amenities including, an 18-hole golf course, 7-acre water park, 20,000 square-foot athletic club, full service spa and salon, six on-site restaurants, and much more.
Whether attending an event, making a quick getaway or taking the annual family vacation, you'll be warmly welcomed and well cared for at our luxury hotel in Phoenix, Arizona.
As a family-owned company, the mission of Classic Hotels & Resorts is to attract and retain innovative, results-driven individuals who will foster a service culture built upon our foundation of family-oriented core values. Classic Hotels & Resorts’ leaders and team members share a vision…to create A HEARTfelt Experience…BEyond Expectations, connecting with our guests emotionally and ensuring they return again and again. In order to be successful at any of our world-class properties, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests, and embracing our BEyond Expectations standards. Our fun, friendly and enthusiastic associates treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our properties and our company.
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arizona Grand Resort & Spa complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.