The Hilton Jackson is seeking an energetic and experienced Room Attendant. Following are some of the essential functions of the position:
- Clean bathtub, toilet, sink, walls, mirrors, tiles, counters and floor surfaces using cloths, mops, sponges, brushes, and/or cleaning agents by extending arms over head, bending and stooping.
- Strip and make beds, changing bed linens, which may require lifting bedspreads weighing a maximum of 40 lbs.
- Dust all furniture, pictures, drawers, window ledges and shelves thoroughly.
- Replenish amenities, linens, and supplies in guest rooms.
- Push and pull vacuum throughout entire room and empty trash.
- Sign for room keys and retrieve, push heavy carts to assigned rooms, and restock cart. Visually inspect room for cleanliness and appearance and signify completion of room.
- Other duties as assigned.
To clean and stock guest rooms to ensure high standards of cleanliness.
- Report all suspicious persons or activities, hazardous conditions, etc. to Safety/Security Department.
- Provide general public assistance, instruction and/or guidance for guest and employee safety in fire or other emergency situations.
- Respond in a timely manner to guest requests of items such as an iron, safety instructions, assistance, directions, and/or other information.
- Turn in all items found in employee’s working area to Hotel Lost and Found department.
- Other duties as assigned such as assisting room attendants or house person when requested.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to scrub and scour surfaces, extend arms over head to perform cleaning tasks, and work in confined spaces.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees, as well as guests.
- Basic ability to comprehend English language sufficient to understand information such as safety labels and instructions and basic guest requests.
- Ability to follow instructions, directions, and meet deadlines, including the thorough cleaning of a minimum of 14 rooms as specified by management.
- Ability to understand and follow directions, and perform job functions under limited supervision.
Basic ability to comprehend English language sufficient to understand information such as safety levels and instructions. Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Licenses Or Certificates
Training And Experience
Previous cleaning experience preferred.
Additional language ability preferred.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time), and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time), to lift, carry, push, or pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Must be able to push/pull 100+ lbs.
Inside:Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered 'inside' if the worker spends approximately 75 percent or more of the time inside.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Associates who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)