Posted May 7, 2022Koury Corporation
Koury Corporation is a Builder and Developer with over six decades of experience developing hospitality, retail, office & industrial and multi-family & residential properties throughout Greensboro, North Carolina. This trusted experience distinguishes us as both an early pioneer and modern-day innovator. Our focus is choosing to develop, construct, lease and manage our own properties, doing so with the highest level of integrity and a long-term view. Our fully integrated business platform sets us apart and benefits our customers with the constant support of a dedicated and experienced team of architectural, construction, facilities, property management and leasing professionals. These are the ideals established by our founder, Joseph S. Koury, which continue to guide us now and into the future.
We are currently seeking a Project Manager for our Commercial sector. The position of Project Manager provides oversight and management from the conceptual/schematic phase through close-out of in-house projects. The Commercial sector includes tenant improvements, hospitality, retail, and industrial projects.
The position will be responsible for:
• Manage design professionals including preparing the request for proposal
• Manage consultants including preparing the request for proposal
• Managing of superintendents, assistant superintendents and trade contractors and vendors
• Managing company policies, procedures, and project safety.
• Responsible for initial contact with and coordination of local utility installation.
• Prepare estimates from conceptual drawings thru construction documents including trade contract bid evaluations and breakdowns and comparison.
• Prepare trade contractors and vendors scopes of work.
• Responsible for the buy-out of projects including trade contract and purchase order negotiations.
• Manage the request for information and submittal process with the assistance of a project engineer.
• Prepare and manage project schedules.
• Manage change request and subcontractor and vendor request for change.
• Manage budget and financial reporting including monthly job cost reports and analyzing other reports to ensure adherence with the project budget.
• Managing the project close-out process.
• Ensuring that best practices are used and followed, and the project is brought to satisfactory completion.
• Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering or Construction Management preferred)
• Minimum 10 years of relevant management experience
• Knowledge of industry methods for scheduling, bidding, estimating, contracting, cost reporting, safety, and quality
• Experience with and understanding of being both the developer and builder
• Ability to understand the technical aspects of construction
• Ability to collaborate and lead team effectively
• Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships with Architects, Engineers, Subcontractors and Vendors
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in Bluebeam and Microsoft Project and Sage (PJ) or equivalent desired
• Base Salary
• Insurance: Life, Medical, Dental and Disability
• 401(k) Profit Sharing Retirement Plan with company matching
• Paid Sick Leave
• Vehicle Allowance
Salary based on experience
Over six decades of experience developing hospitality, retail, office & industrial and residential properties throughout Greensboro, North Carolina distinguishes Koury Corporation as both an early pioneer and modern day innovator. Focusing on customer service, we’ve chosen to develop, lease and manage only our own properties, doing so with the highest level of integrity and a long-term view. Our fully integrated business platform sets us apart and benefits our customers with the constant support of a dedicated and experienced team of architectural, construction, facilities, property management and leasing professionals. These are the ideals established by our founder, Joseph S. Koury, and those which guide us today.