Posted June 9, 2022Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa
A General Maintenance will be responsible primarily for general maintenance and repairs in guest rooms, meeting space, and front of the house areas. Guest room and public area entry-level preventative maintenance are included. A General Maintenance Engineer will also perform some repairs on mechanical, electrical, kitchen, and laundry equipment, requiring some skills and experience in these areas, as well as good communication skills.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Respond and attend to guest repair requests.
• Communicate with guests and colleagues to resolve maintenance issues.
• Perform preventive maintenance on tools, kitchen and mechanical equipment, including cleaning and lubrication.
• Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines. Carry equipment (e.g., tools, radio).
• Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment and all utility shut-offs for buildings.
• Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
• Communicate each day’s activities and problems that occur to the other shifts using approved communication standards.
Situated in the warm shade of the Santa Catalina Mountains in northern Tucson, AZ, on 400 acres of idyllic land, Miraval is a top-rated all-inclusive destination resort and spa dedicated to helping guests live life in the moment. Since 1995 the property has been consistently ranked as one of the world’s top destination spas by Travel + Leisure, SpaFinder and Condé Nast Traveler.Offering an array of dynamic growth and development programs, one-of-a-kind, luxurious spa treatments, authentic, flavorful and healthful cuisine as well as an expert staff of renowned wellbeing specialists, Miraval helps to open eyes, minds and hearts. In 2012, the resort unveiled the Miraval Life in Balance Spa, a state-of-the-art oasis designed to transform guests both physically and emotionally.
Miraval began in 1995 with a powerfully simple vision: life is more meaningful and enjoyable when physical, emotional, social, spiritual and intellectual components are in balance. Guided by this philosophy, Miraval Resort & Spa was born in Tucson, set against the Santa Catalina Mountains in the High Sonoran Desert. Guests came to Miraval individually or with family and friends to relax, refresh, and learn to live and feel better. There were no strict regimens. Instead, choice was the guiding principle, with a wide range of programs and experiences designed to create overall well-being and help guests become more aware of themselves and their surroundings – live in the moment through the means that works best for them.
Miraval’s pioneering approach to activities, experiences and personal treatments – enveloped in a high-touch, personalized experience for each of its guests – helped to define the destination spa industry that has flourished worldwide in recent decades and led to Miraval’s top ranking by the most respected voices in luxury travel, including Condé Nast Traveler, Travel+Leisure and SpaFinder, just to name a few.