What will you be doing?
- Responsible for developing and implementing marketing objectives, via outlet-specific action plans designed to grow revenue & meet business needs while maintaining a healthy and Return on Ad Spend (ROAS)
- Create advertising and promotional programs for hotel rooms, spa, as well as food and beverage operations featuring The Newport in the best possible light in order to attract as many guests as possible.
- Create and manage marketing budgets and marketing initiatives in collaboration with our on-property as well as above property support teams in Marketing, Sales, Culinary & Room Operations.
- Research and execute changes to a wide range of sources, such as Google My Business listings, OpenTable, Yelp, and TripAdvisor, with information such as new photos, hours of operation, specials, menus, etc.
- Communicate with other managers/divisions to create and execute effective advertising and public relations plans.
- Plan and execute press releases, press conferences, press briefings, press tours, and overall press relation for hotel rooms.
- Build, audit, optimize and maintain our restaurant & outlet websites and microsites.
- Manage the CRM / Email Marketing strategy targeting B2B and B2C audiences to drive revenue, develop loyal customers and convey necessary business information.
- Collaborate with the rooms and outlet operations teams to create a social media calendar inclusive of content and advertising & monitoring performance, across the portfolio.
- Must have the ability to research market conditions and identify opportunities, exercising the initiative to research and interpret data and weigh options to reach conclusions that will increase revenues for our hotel, restaurants and outlets.
- Oversee the process of photoshoots and implementation of new images for hotels following a photoshoot. Oversee the process of auditing brand sites, OTAs, Social pages, review sites, etc.
- Write yearly marketing plans based on the hotel proposition and long-term goals. Implement marketing tactics to help meet the goals and objectives of both rooms and outlets.
- Overseeing the process of designing, creation and production of Rooms and F&B promotional material.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of marketing management experience within the hotel industry in a multi-unit role.
- Comfortable working with property management systems, revenue platforms, analytics platforms, Inntopia
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills both in English and Spanish
- Knowledgeable about current industry & technology trends
- Comfortable with copywriting, taking photos for social and straightforward design in Canva
- You must be organized, have great attention to detail, and strong follow-thru
- You are self-motivated and proactive
- If you need someone to micromanage your daily tasks, this isn't a fit for you
- You're a team player and know how to be scrappy
- Strong hotel marketing understanding and
- Problem solver and a creative thinker
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays as needed
- The role will report to the Director of Sales & Marketing
Why do you want to work here?
- Great employee hotel rates
- Great associate benefits including health insurance for both full time and part-time employees
- Upbeat and positive work environment
- Career growth opportunities
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)