Posted May 9, 2022DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport
1. Monitor servers and buspersons adherence to all service standards.
2. Supervise service of guests, being watchful of signals from guests in need of service.
3. Assist manager to establish and monitor side-work duty completion.
4. Maintain bank to Crescent standards.
5. Read daily communication sheets from previous shift and prepare one for the following shift. Check floor plan for appropriate coverage.
6. Check restaurant for cleanliness and set up. Check service stands and aisle areas. Check tables for cleanliness and proper set up.
7. Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate liquor requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
8. Communicate daily with restaurant manager with regard to special events, house counts, etc.
9. Assist restaurant manager in conducting menu classes and taste panels.
10. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
11. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
12. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to use point of sale. Ability to lift/carry weight up to 50 pounds. Ability to push/and pull carts of products weighing up to 150 pounds. Prior Restaurant Experience preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
We're the ideal place to stay pre or post-cruise from Cape Liberty Cruise Port – just 7 miles from the hotel. Plan your trip to the port with ease by stopping by the travel desk in our lobby. Delight in a warm, freshly baked chocolate chip cookie when you arrive in our bright and spacious atrium. Enjoy free WiFi in all our public spaces, or upgrade to WiFi in your room for a fee.
Our hotel offers an exclusive, newly renovated Executive Lounge. Choose an executive level room on the 12th floor for access to our exclusive Executive Lounge, which offers continental breakfast and evening hors d’oeuvres.
Swim laps in the newly renovated pool or work out in our state of art, newly renovated 24-hour fitness center featuring weights and modern cardio machines. Use our fully-equipped business center with a printer, photocopy machine and more. We offer over 18,000 square feet of flexible meeting and event space for up to 900 guests.