Posted May 14, 2022Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Under the direction of the Public Safety Dispatch Shift Manager, the Public Safety Dispatcher will be responsible for performing their duties and responsibilities in accordance with all established laws and regulations to include the San Manuel Department of Public Safety Policies and Procedures. These duties will include operating all radio-telephone transmitting and receiving equipment along with the computer-aided dispatch system; All information must be recorded in a timely, accurate manner, recording all pertinent information for emergency and non-emergency request for service from the San Manuel Tribal Community, Resort, Casino, Offsite properties; as well as law enforcement agencies, fire, medical or other emergency services. This position uses multiple communications systems to coordinate emergency calls; relay information and assistance; directly coordinates requests involving law enforcement agencies and other emergency response personnel, provides notifications in accordance with predetermined plans across all San Manuel Departments.
The Public Safety Dispatcher will compile data, maintain records of emergency response, equipment and personnel dispatched and disposition of all calls for services (emergency and non-emergency), studies and maintains familiarity with locations of streets, landmarks and properties on and off the reservation and in the casino. This role keeps radio contact with DPS personnel on assignment, keeps supervising officers informed of situations, and dispatches additional record files. This individual maintains communication and serves as a liaison with other agencies. The Public Safety Dispatcher will assist with threat analysis and risk assessments as directed by the San Manuel Intel Division and will enter any Officer Safety or public safety related “Be on the Lookout” (BOLO) issued from DPS, other San Manuel Departments, or Other Allied Law Enforcement agencies into the CAD system. The Public Safety Dispatcher aligns themselves with the initiatives of the Department of Public Safety while championing the goals and priorities of the Tribe in a manner that faithfully reflects and upholds the Tribal Community’s vision, mission and values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Uses multiple communications systems to coordinate emergency calls and relay information and assistance requests involving law enforcement, fire, emergency service agencies and other San Manuel Departments. Conducts immediate public safety threat analysis, coordinating with law enforcement and other San Manuel Departments. Broadcast all immediate public safety emergency and BOLO information across all radio channels and enter the CAD system.
2. Receives, screens, enters, dispatches, and monitors high volume of emergency and non-emergency calls for service through the computer-aided dispatching system for the San Manuel business enterprise; Tribal community; other law enforcement, fire and emergency services agencies. Tracks availability status of all Public Safety units: maintains regular contact with all units on emergency and non-emergency assignment, maintains and tracks current location of Public Safety units, accurately maintain and update daily-computerized log of all San Manuel field/ facility/units/officers dispatched.
3. Monitors emergency alarm systems, analyzes recorded and live surveillance video of non-gaming activities to detect any suspicious activity which may pose a risk to employees, vendors, guests, Tribal Community or Casino/Resort/Offsite operations. Accurately reads, interprets, inputs and relays information obtained from San Manuel Tribal Community, employees, customers and other law enforcement/public safety personnel into the CAD Software. Makes appropriate risk and safety notifications across San Manuel enterprise.
4. Determines the number of public safety units, and which units, to dispatch by considering such factors as time of day, description, and location of calls, units available and probable degree of hazard to Tribe, Public and the responding units. Performs camera checks and inputs Surveillance Technical Work Orders or Malfunction Forms, and reports any other problems pertaining to surveillance equipment
5. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department and enhances Tribal Community Safety. To include Tribal Elder checks during power outage to screen for possible medical or other emergency assistance, handles Tribal community dispatch services of animal control, environmental factors, and beekeepers. Assumes other responsibilities, duties, tasks and assignments that contribute to the mitigation or response to public health emergencies.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with applicable law. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel was formerly named the San Manuel Casino.
We are located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA, Our gaming resort is owned and operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority.Phase 1 of our expansion opened July 24 with an expanded casino space offering more than 6,500 slots, five high-limit gaming rooms, live entertainment, a full array of dining options which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, the Hong Bao Kitchen, Just Barbeque, the Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, the Chingon Kitchen, Quick Bikes, the Big Mo’ Cafe, the TuTu’s Food Court and six cocktail lounges and bars.
Our luxury resort features a 17-floor hotel tower with 432 guest rooms and suites, an elevated pool deck experience, a lavish full-service spa and salon, expanded dining options, convenient 24-hour in-room dining. Our gaming resort offers sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry.
At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be.
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive Benefits Program:
Apply today to join our team!