A FUN boutique hotel located near Googleplex in Mountain View, California, Aloft Mountain View is open in space and spirit. Just minutes from Sutter Health, LinkedIn, Downtown Mountain View, Moffett Field, Google, Microsoft, Shoreline Amphitheatre, Apple, Intuit, California's Great America, and Levi's Stadium, the hotel affords easy access throughout Silicon Valley. Boasting fresh, purposeful environments and vibrant spaces that bring people together, we are the next generation of hotel.
We are seeking an energic, customer service orientated and motivated Bartender to join our great team!
We have an excellent benefits package to offer to our Full-Time Associates to include, health, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) with a match, Vacation, Sick, Holiday Pay, Hotel Room Discounts, and much more!!!
In this role, you will serve beverages and/or food to the guests in a friendly, courteous and timely and manner, resulting in guest satisfaction. Also, to prepare beverages for other servers to supply to guests, and act as cashier for the lounge.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Maintains proper and adequate set-up of the bar on a daily basis. This includes requisitioning and stocking of all beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws and stirrers, condiments and produce based on projections from the daily functions sheet
2. Responsible for maintaining stock, cutting, and storing of all fresh fruit and vegetable garnishes, juices and other perishables daily to insure product quality.
3. Greets guests in a courteous and friendly manner, promotes and documents orders for drinks. Mixes, garnishes and presents drinks using standard ingredient recipes and practicing prudent portion control.
4. Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
5. Inputs orders into a register at the point of sale and creates a check for each guest, including those served by other beverage servers, to maintain accountability of all beverages served.
6. Receives cash from guests, makes any change needed, verifies validity of charges, records charges, and insures vouchers are properly executed, in order to balance all moneys.
7. Locks up and stores all beverage, food and other equipment items, deposits cash drops and secures bank.
8. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
9. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
At least six months of experience as a Bartender.
Food handler and TIPS (or equivalent) certifications
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service of various alcoholic beverages. Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, total all other charges, and understand portion sizes. Sufficient manual dexterity in hands in order to use a knife to make garnish, pick up glassware and bottles, scoop ice, mix drinks, and reach overhead to retrieve stock. Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items. Ability to operate a keyboard and point of sale procedures to pre-check an order and close out a check.
At Crescent Hotels & Resorts we strive to create a great place to work where associates at all levels of our organization are respected for their differences, just like the guests and owners we serve. That’s why we are dedicated to creating an environment that facilitates open and honest conversations about race, equity, diversity, and inclusion. By examining our own beliefs and behaviors, we can create change through training, recruiting, and promoting diverse talent to strengthen our culture.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
840 East El Camino Real
Mountain View, CA 94040
167 Room Hotel
Elevating the hotel experience in Mountain View
A boutique hotel located near Googleplex in Mountain View, California, Aloft Mountain View is open in space and spirit. Just minutes from Sutter Health, LinkedIn, Downtown Mountain View, Moffett Field, Google, Microsoft, Shoreline Amphitheatre, Apple, Intuit, California's Great America, and Levi's Stadium, the hotel affords easy access throughout Silicon Valley.Boasting fresh, purposeful environments and vibrant spaces that bring people together, we are the next generation of hotel. Here, technology and design enhance experiences, move at the pace of our guests and infuse the hotel experience with the tech-savvy energy and innovation of Mountain View.