Sonesta Direct Link to Apply
Job Description Summary
The Security Officer is responsible for the safety and security of all our guests, employees and visitors of the hotel. They are responsible for protection of all hotel assets, ensuring that hotel security policies and procedures in accordance with Sonesta Hotels International corporate guidelines are enforced and that the hotel is in full compliance to all local, state and federal regulations.
The Security officer also performs hotel security functions, to include fire prevention, safety, investigation, and resolution of guest and employee complaints regarding safety and security matters.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver on the promise of Sonesta Service in all interactions with guests and clients. Manage according to the Sonesta G.U.E.S.T. standards and instill a passion for customer service in all associates of the hotel.
- Performs normal hotel security functions to include fire prevention and safety checks.
- Investigates thefts, accidents, and other incidents which occur on the property.
- Prevents losses of company and guest’s property due to thefts, burglary, pilferage, and other criminal activity.
- Ensures a safe and tranquil environment for guests and employees.
- Assist guests and colleagues on all security and safety related enquiries.
- Resolves guest and employee complaints regarding safety and security matters.
- Conduct floor patrols during tour of duty, including checking of doors, windows, and securing facilities during non-operating hours.
- Monitors the activities of personnel on the premises to detect and counter thefts and other criminal activities.
- Completes associates forms and reports related to any accidents or issues within the premises of the hotel.
- Immediately report hotel deficiencies to appropriate departments for immediate repair.
- To perform other work related duties as assigned by Management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Ability to adhere to the property’s grooming standards.
- Ability to stand and walk on a continuous basis, and run as warranted.
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle during all hours and in all weather conditions.
- Ability to understand and execute all safety and emergency procedures, (for example: fire, crowd control, inclement weather, and bomb threats.)
- Ability to understand and operate emergency equipment, (for example fire extinguishers, wheel chairs, respirators.)
- Ability to lift, carries, and store in overhead areas approximately 50 lbs.
- Ability to lift and move, in an emergency situation, an immobilized adult.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, climb (including stairs and ladder), and reach.
- Ability to push and/or pull approximately 75 lbs.
- Ability to work in extreme temperature.
- Ability to utilize communication equipment (for example: telephones, radios, and beepers.)
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with guests and other employees.
- Ability to interact with guests and other employees in a courteous, empathetic, and discreet manner.
- Ability to read and write effectively.
- Ability to sustain direct contact with the public; must establish high degree of customer service, (smile, eye contact, positive personal presentation, etc.), and high volume interaction with guests and staff.
- Will be required to work mornings, evening, weekends, and holidays.
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account with Company Match
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- Sonesta Hotel Discounts
- Educational Assistance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Various Employee Perks and Discounts