GAMING LICENSE REQUIRED: Class III A
STATUS: Salary, Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description may be amended, at any time
1. Practice, support and promote the Mission, Vision and Values of Muckleshoot Casino.
2. Formulates and executes sourcing and procurement strategies which make efficient use of company resources, identify market trends, identify short and long-term sourcing options, and identify short and long-term partnering opportunities with vendors.
3. Oversee the processing of requisitions and purchase orders.
4. Obtain the best price, quality and service for the products or supplies purchased.
5. Locate, qualify and approve vendors for purchases and obtain pricing information.
6. Ensures compliance with vendor licensing requirements as set forth in the Tribal State Compact or other Tribal Gaming requirements.
7. Prepare and evaluate vendor bid or quote specifications.
8. Develop and implement creative and aggressive cost containment programs by establishing supplier criteria and developing vendor relationships.
9. Act as a role model for Team Members under your supervision by focusing on the demonstration of positive action, behavior, attendance, work ethic and guest service.
10. Responsible for the staffing, training and scheduling of Team Members
11. Negotiate contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
12. Negotiate with vendors to obtain optimum quality, price, availability, delivery, freight and terms.
13. Develop and maintain item codes and current prices in the computerized purchasing system.
14. Maintain master copy of all contracts related to purchases.
15. Prepare and present operational reports to Senior Management as requested.
16. Coordinate planning and acquisition process with departmental and managerial staff.
17. Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in purchasing equipment, material and supplies.
18. Develop and assures that purchasing activities follow applicable internal control standards.
19. Develop annual department budget including, capital expenditures and analysis of staffing needs.
20. Evaluate, define and implement methods to continually improve all aspects of the procurement procedure to ensure optimal price and quality.
21. Smile and engage Guests and Team Members with a positive, professional demeanor.
22. Create, maintain and facilitate a positive work environment.
23. Maintain the highest level of Integrity in vendor interactions.
24. Perform other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Shift work, holidays, weekends, or nights may be assigned.
Ability to maneuver in all areas of casino, ascent/descent from stairs, frequent standing, walking, sitting, reaching, stooping, kneeling or crouching, and/or prolonged periods of time focusing on tasks. Ability to lift at least 25 lbs. May regularly need to lift/ move, push or pull up material or boxes necessary to the job functions, with or without assistance.
Specific vision ability includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Visual acuity to discern and examine text, graphics, color and symmetry. Speech to communicate clearly, express ideas and convey information in an understandable manner. Ability to hear for listening comprehension and to understand ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Manual dexterity to operate office or required equipment and examine or update documents, records, data, instructions, logs, and files.
Social perceptiveness to assess and understand other's reactions and behavior. Critical thinking to use logic and reasoning, reach conclusions/solutions. Comprehension in assessing, analyzing, and processing alpha, numeric, and visual data and completing required tasks or documents accurately. Ability to tolerate stress and conduct tasks under critical deadlines. Ability to concentrate on task over a period without being distracted.