Posted May 17, 2022Muckleshoot Casino
STATUS: Hourly, Non-Exempt
JOB CODE: 200624 POSITION REPORTS TO: Food and Beverage Supervisor
The Food Runner provides fast and courteous service of prepared food to guests and ensures quality of food presentation per established standards. All duties are to be performed within the guidelines of casino policies and procedures, and internal controls and standards.
The statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description may be amended, at any time.
1. Practice, support and promote the Mission, Vision and Values of Muckleshoot Casino.
2. Assemble food order at the expeditor station or assist Chef/Sous Chef with assembling food orders, to ensure orders are prepared according to the description on the servers' ticket.
3. Prompt delivery of food from kitchen to guest in a professional manner and in accordance with service standards.
4. Assist food servers and bussers by clearing used dishes and refilling beverages.
5. Perform side-work, and any other opening or closing duties as required. Ensures that wait staff stations and expediting areas are clean and maintained throughout shift.
6. Alert management of any service and/or safety issues. Make appropriate service recovery gestures according to established guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
7. Communicate any additional requests from guests to the food server immediately.
8. Create, maintain and facilitate a positive work environment.
9. Smile and engage Guests and Team Members with a positive professional demeanor.
10. Perform other tasks/duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Shift work, holidays, weekends, or nights may be assigned.
hands and arms use hands to grasp, and have finger dexterity to handle objects, tools, or controls. Exposure to both extreme Hot and Cold temperatures, equipment, and substances and regularly required to work in tight, high or confined spaces.
Specific vision ability includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Visual acuity to discern and examine text, graphics, color and symmetry. Speech to communicate clearly, express ideas and convey information in an understandable manner. Ability to hear for listening comprehension and to understand ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Manual dexterity to operate office or required equipment and examine or update documents, records, data, instructions, logs, and files.
MENTAL Social perceptiveness to assess and understand other's reactions and behavior. Critical thinking to use logic and reasoning, reach conclusions/solutions. Comprehension in assessing, analyzing, and processing alpha, numeric, and visual data and completing required tasks or documents accurately. Ability to tolerate stress and conduct tasks under critical deadlines. Ability to concentrate on task over a period of time without being distracted.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing functions of his/her job and in areas monitored by security or surveillance cameras. Work in casino operations and/or internal or external environments occasionally. Exposure to secondhand smoke, moderate to high noise level, bright lights, fluctuating temperatures/weather conditions.