Posted May 20, 2022Muckleshoot Casino
GAMING LICENSE REQUIRED: Class III B
STATUS: Hourly, Non-Exempt
POSITION REPORTS TO: Sous Chef
The Line Cook performs the daily preparation of menu food items, while maintaining a clean well-run kitchen. Assists Lead Line Cooks as requested.
1. Practice, support and promote the Mission, Vision and Values of Muckleshoot Casino
2. Produce product on a daily basis maintaining quality standards and strong work ethic.
3. Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
4. Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
5. Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
6. Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
7. Ensure proper presentation to provide maximum appeal and freshness.
8. Maintain production knowledge and attention to detail with taste and quality.
9. Produce product in a cost effective and hygienic manner.
10. Assist Lead Line Cooks in a support role.
11. Constantly strive to improve operating procedures.
12. Properly label and date all products to ensure rotation, safekeeping, and sanitation.
13. Ensure food quality is superior and takes action to correct any irregularities.
14. Ensure kitchen equipment is properly maintained and functioning.
15. Work within the sanitation standards and in compliance of MIC, local, state, and federal regulations, and guidelines.
16. Work with others to ensure the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen.
17. Create, maintain, and facilitate a positive work environment.
18. Smile and engage Guests and Team Members with a positive professional demeanor.
19. Performs other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Shift work, holidays, weekends, or nights may be assigned.
Ability to maneuver in all areas of casino, ascent/descent from stairs, frequent standing, walking, sitting, reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching, and/or prolonged periods of time focusing on tasks. Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. May regularly need to lift/ move, push or pull up material or boxes necessary to the job function, with or without assistance.
Specific vision ability includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Visual acuity to discern and examine text, graphics, color, and symmetry. Speech to communicate clearly, express ideas and convey information in an understandable manner. Ability to hear for listening comprehension and to understand ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Manual dexterity to operate office or required equipment and examine or update documents, records, data, instructions, logs, and files.
May have regular exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, hazardous materials, fumes, smoke, and wet, liquid or water elements. Must be able to bend, reach, squat, push, pull and/or lift at least fifty (50) pounds. Work in tight spaces and/or confined spaces. Must be able to reach with hands or arms, use hands to grasp and finger dexterity to handle objects, tools, controls, or equipment parts.
MENTAL Social perceptiveness to assess and understand other's reactions and behavior. Critical thinking to use logic and reasoning, reach conclusions/solutions. Comprehension in assessing, analyzing, and processing alpha, numeric, and visual data and completing required tasks or documents accurately. Ability to tolerate stress and conduct tasks under critical deadlines. Ability to concentrate on task over a period of time without being distracted.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing functions of his/her job and in areas monitored by security or surveillance cameras. Work in casino operations and/or internal or external environments occasionally. Exposure to secondhand smoke, moderate to high noise level, bright lights, fluctuating temperatures/weather conditions.