Located in the heart of Mayfair, London Hilton on Park Lane was the first Hilton to open within the UK and is close to all that London has to offer, whether it be musicals, Royal Parks or world famous landmarks. Find us overlooking Hyde Park, within half a mile of Green Park and Buckingham Palace, and only one tube stop from Big Ben and the London Eye. Soaring high above the city streets, the hotel is famed for its unparalleled five star luxury. With 453 spacious guest rooms, including 56 suites and a Penthouse Suite, there is something for all.
The 28th floor restaurant, Galvin at Windows, offers fine dining and views spanning London. On the same floor, 10 Degrees Sky Bar serves expertly crafted mixology. The ground level is home to Podium Restaurant and bar, where breakfast, lunch, dinner and award winning afternoon tea is served. There is also a Champagne bar - CC Bar, and in the basement, Trader Vic’s - London’s only Polynesian-themed restaurant and bar. The hotel is also home to Wyld by Nature; an eco-friendly nightclub with sustainability at its core.
Furthermore, the first floor is currently undergoing renovation and is due to complete April 2022. This includes the iconic Grand Ballroom, Wellington & Harvest Ballroom and the Executive Lounge.
Here at London Hilton on Park Lane, we create heartfelt experiences for all our Guests and meaningful opportunities for all our Team Members. This has led to Hilton being consistently recognised as “Great Places to Work.”
This is not just a job. We offer you an exceptional career alongside a path to self-discovery and growth.
Sales Executive (Meetings, Incentives, Conference and Events)
As Sales Executive you will maximise revenue opportunities in the areas of the MICE market by driving sales leads and increasing conversions.
Director of Sales
Close liaison with:
C&E Sales Department and Groups Reservations
Key Performance Indicators:
C&E Revenue Budget CMTG & SMRF Rooms Revenue
Sales Incentive Tool Conversion
Free meals on duty
Travel and food discounts: - Discounted hotel nights plus 50% off F&B (subject to individual outlets)
Holiday: 28 daysincluding bank holidays (increasing yearly)
- Pension scheme
- Discounted dental and health cover
High street discounts: with Perks at Work
Grow your career: access to a network of 6500 hotels across 100 countries (subject to local right to work rules)
Personal Development: programmes designed to support your career
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Receive and convert incoming enquiries to achieve targets and maximize revenue.
- Analysis of local market trends and competitors and keep up to date with new market place trends to identify new business leads.
- Build strong relationships with customers to fully understand their needs and strive to meet or exceed those expectations at all times.
- Manage relationship with MICE Agencies and Convention bureaus.
- Contribute to the strategy and planning activities of the Sales function.
- Seek proactive opportunities to increase sales and conversions within the Team.
- Negotiate room rates/packages with returning and future clients.
- Be commercial in all decision making, ensuring good return on all investments.
- Arrange and carry out Hotel show rounds.
- Assists the Sales Personnel in developing key account plans, detailing objectives, timescales and sales methods to support the defined account strategy.
- Feedback opportunities and issues regularly to the Director of Sales.
- When required attend events and relevant exhibitions.
- Produce accurate and timely reports that meet the needs of the Sales Director and senior management to include the reporting of appointments, calls made, business leads and conversion statistics.
- Cooperate with other departments in the hotel to create an exceptional Guest experience and build strong, comprehensive sales programs.
- To be actively involved in preparation and participation in all relevant business activities and meetings and ensure actions are followed up.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills, Ability & Behaviour Requirements
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, abilities and behaviours and be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
The ability to work co‐operatively with others, be part of a team and work together as oppose d to working separately or competitively. The willingness to co‐operate with others and seek common goals. Demonstrated through:
- Reporting for your shift on time, ready to start work and working to set productivity standards.
- Respecting the point of view of others and recognizing the contribution made by others.
- Being a role model for the Hilton family of brands to new team members.
- Actively contributing to department objectives.
- Being flexible in line with the needs of the business.
- Building relationships with colleagues and guests based on openness, honesty and trust.
The ability to proactively sense and take action on customer needs and opportunities. The willingness to exceed customer expectation. Demonstrated through:
- Being aware of the cultural and social differences across the guest(s) – planning and executing accordingly and building team awareness.
- Anticipating the needs of the guest(s) and taking experience enhancement actions.
- Delivery of high levels of Hilton Honors guest satisfaction, repeat guest intent and problem resolution.
- Clearly communicating inter‐departmental guest requests and checking understanding with servicing department.
- Building relationships and loyalty / repeat bookings with all customers that represent opportunity for the business.
- Having a clear understanding of the markets the hotel operates in.
- Acting on customer complaints by either dealing effectively with the issue or seeking assistance from your manager.
Living the Values
The ability to inspire day to day demonstration of the Hilton values. The willingness to walk the talk and positively project the face of Hilton. Demonstrated through:
- Being ‘at your best’ all the time.
- Demonstrating passion, pride, integrity and urgency in your everyday work.
- Demonstrating skills and knowledge from the brand and product training you receive.
- Having a confident approach to your work.
- Being a team player in everything you do.
- Being the owner of your actions and decisions.
- Being open and honest at all times.
- Communicating openly with team members, supervisors, managers in all departments.
- Proactively communicating priorities within the team.
- Ensuring a ‘Can Do’ attitude to ensure the success of the department/hotel.
- Being able to take multiple perspectives to reach balanced decisions.
The ability to do what is required to meet commitments and to deliver as needed. Demonstrated through:
- Consistently attending your shift on time, ready to start work.
- Working to set productivity standards.
- Actively communicating with and supporting other team members in the hotel.
- Staying calm under pressure and maintaining a polite and timely manner.
- Asking for help when you need it.
The ability to be flexible and change as needed. The willingness to learn from others. Demonstrated through:
- Approaching all situations with an unbiased and open mind.
- Being flexible to the needs of the business.
- Approaching change in the department or hotel with a positive attitude.
- Supporting other departments as and when required.
The ability to meet commitments in accordance with requirements and deliver value. The willingness to pursue excellence. Demonstrated through:
- Adhering to brand standards at all times.
- Ensuring all tasks are completed to high standards and within the given timescales.
- Demonstrating a pride and passion for your hotel and the brand.
- Practicing and delivering skills and knowledge gained from training and coaching sessions.
- Adhering to all legal and company policies relating to your job role.
The ability to maximize output with minimum input. The willingness to seek more efficient and effective ways of getting things done. Demonstrated through:
- High levels of product knowledge / dish availability / specials and promotional offers.
- Actively seeking and acting on feedback to improve where possible and ensure your professional development.
- Demonstrating a sense of urgency to ensure all work tasks are carried out within agreed standards and timescales.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be determined by the hotel management based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Attend all relevant training and development activities as required.
- Maintain excellent team spirit by supporting and encouraging all Team members.
- Comply with all company policies relating to the department.
- Comply with all company health and safety, and fire regulations and procedures.
- To undertake any other reasonable task/request by your head of department or the hotel management.
- College certification or experience equivalent.
- Have excellent command of English-grammar, spelling and spoken.
- Have a sound administration background with good skills in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Have good organisational skills.
- Be able to communicate both verbally and in writing, at all levels, being assertive where necessary.
- Be able to work on own initiative and able to make decisions when necessary.
- Be able to adapt to changing circumstances and be a positive and enthusiastic team player and remain calm under pressure.