At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences. As a member of the properties Executive Committee, the Director of Human Resources is a highly visible role with exposure to Senior and Corporate leadership. This person is responsible for aligning associate strategies with our operations strategies and service initiatives to meet the hotels business objectives. The Human Resources function prides itself on excellence, service, integrity and accountability. This position reports to the hotel General Manager.
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for short and long term planning of the HR function. This means leading strategically and tactically in the areas of workforce planning, recruitment and staffing strategies, wage and salary administration, associate and labor relations, benefits, workforce training and development and local diversity initiatives.
- Develop HR strategies and administer HR policies and procedures
- Strong background in employment, employee relations, benefits, wage and salary, employee training, accident prevention, and government regulations and policies as they impact HR
- Support operational efforts through proper staffing and training of associates
- Conduct needs analysis, develop, implement, and monitor training programs and materials
- Instruct managers in developing alternatives/solutions to employee concerns, and in carrying out/operating within regulatory programs
- Successfully defend against unemployment claims, Workers' Compensation claims, etc.
- Conduct wage and salary surveys.
- Provides employee counseling as necessary
- Plans and coordinates employee functions, suggestion program, etc.
- Take an active role in professional HR organizations
- Work closely with Corporate HR function
- Coach and counsel employees to reflect Hyatt service standards and procedures
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
- 6 years or more of progressive Human Resource experience (typically with Hyatt)
- With opening hotels, previous hotel pre-opening experience preferred
- Service oriented style with professional presentations skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, proven track record in high volume concept, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line
- Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills