Thank you for applying to one of the most premier places to work in the Northeast Florida! People are our greatest asset and we are currently seeking people like you who have a desire to join our team.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or equivalent. Ability to speak, read, write, and comprehend the English language at a level sufficient to communicate effectively staff.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE: Must be CPR and AED (Automated External Defibrillator) certified. Six months experience working with children preferred.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Basic knowledge of how to handle children including care, safety, and entertainment.
JOB SUMMARY: To provide a fun and safe environment for the hotel guests’ and members’ children. Administer CPR and first aid as needed, deliver top quality service, know and use the members’ and guests’ names, exceed the members’ and guests’ expectations, and be a team player. Gym Front Desk duties are also included when not working in nursery.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES: Must be able to be pass the skills test for CPR, Able to work with many children at a time and communicate in person or on phone system.
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
1. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, to include weekends, holidays and split shifts.
2. Arrive to work on time, consistently.
3. Upon entering the property, arrive in proper attire, crisp, clean and in good repair.
4. Hair must be clean and cut in a becoming style; management has final approval.
5. Attend all required training, safety courses, office and departmental meetings.
6. Report any safety hazards, follow up that hazard has been corrected, and assist with providing a safe work environment.
7. Become proficient on all appropriate equipment and games and their safety features.
8. Greet members and guests by name whenever possible.
9. Watch, entertain, and provide a safe environment for the children of the members and guests while they are working out, at the Spa, or playing Tennis.
10. Keep the Nursery clean, organized, and safe for the children.
11. Maintain an inventory of all toys, games, etc. informing supervisor of any needs related to those items.
12. Have members and/or guests sign in their children, informing them of the cost per hour.
13. Ring in all Nursery charges to the correct member/guest number.
14. Work the Gym Front Desk as needed.
15. Keep Front Desk area neat, clean, and orderly to include folding towels, vacuuming, and using Armor All on the machines as needed.
16. Give out towels and keys to members.
17. Answer phone, forward calls or take detailed messages and deliver to appropriate person.
18. Learn POS (computer) system; ring in all sales.
19. Sign in new members.
20. Perform other jobs that will assist in quality member/guest service as assigned by Gym Supervisor or Fitness Center Manager.
Offering 262 luxurious rooms and suites, premier golf and tennis programs and an indulgent spa, Ponte Vedra Inn & Club has been the seaside destination of choice for four generations of guests. A Florida landmark since opening in 1928, the charming 300-acre resort is located in the picturesque seaside village of Ponte Vedra Beach, just 20 miles southeast of Jacksonville.
The Inn is celebrated as one of the great Florida resorts — a refuge for recreation, relaxation, romance and reflection; a family vacation favorite; and, a premier year-round option for weddings, social events, business meetings, corporate retreats and incentive outings.
Just the mere mention of the Ponte Vedra Inn & Club conjures up images of quiet opulence, stateliness and history. A Florida landmark since its celebrated opening in 1928, this 300 acre oceanfront club is a perfect refuge where world-class recreation, classic cuisine and organized activities abound. It’s here that four generations of members have delighted in the Ponte Vedra experience where social grace and casual elegance are more a way of life than a slogan.