The Mixologist is responsible for providing consistent excellent service to guests/patrons of the bar/lounge and setting up, maintaining and operating the bar in an efficient and profitable manner. The Bartender is required to adhere to the mission and values of Widewaters Hotels, LLC.
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off
- Great compensation packages
- Healthcare Benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance
- 401k Matching
- Disability Insurance
- Wellness Initiatives
- Hotel Discounts and More
What you will be doing
- Maintain a complete knowledge of all bar menu items and answer questions/make recommendations on menu/alcoholic selections to guests.
- Mix and serve alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages for patrons of the bar and dining room following standard recipes and using specified measurements of alcohol as set by the said recipe.
- Issue, open, and serve wine/champagne bottles.
- Record transactions in POS at time of order.
- Present physical and accurate check to guests and process payments.
- Notify manager of any liquor/inventory shortages immediately.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make an attractive display and merchandise drinks.
- Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks accordingly and ensure fruit or other food items are acceptable to safe and sanitary food handling principles.
- Follow state liquor laws and check identification of customers, to ensure that they are of legal drinking age.
- Follow your property’s approved alcohol awareness training program at all times to ensure that alcohol is not over served to a guest.
- Set up and maintain cleanliness at all times of bar unit, tables, and other tools.
- Stock ice, glassware, and paper supplies. Restock bar with liquor and supplies.
- Wash soiled glassware and remove soiled wares from bar top and tables and place in designated area.
- Complete closing duties which include but are not limited to: restocking items, turning off lights, count bank at end of shift, complete designated cashier reports, resolve any discrepancies, drop off receipts, and secure bank. Secure liquors, beers, wines, coolers, cabinets, and storage areas.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, and thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Must be 21 or older
- High School education or equivalent.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience as a bartender preferred.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements, and use of equipment in the Bar
- Knowledge of beer, wine and spirits and familiarity with standard drink recipes a plus.
- Ability to work on POS equipment.
- Ability to communicate satisfactorily with guests, management, and co-workers
- Must follow all liquor control measures including drink portion controls and the bottle requisition policy of the property.
Somos un empleador con igualdad de oportunidades y todos los candidatos calificados recibirán consideración por el empleo sin distinción de raza, color, religión, sexo, origen nacional, estado de discapacidad, estado de veterano protegido o cualquier otra característica protegida por la ley.
View All Current Opportunities at WidewatersAt A Glance
Nestled into Northern Virginia’s Dulles Corridor, Hyatt House Herndon/Reston is a neighborly hotel with a convenient location by premier shopping, dining and entertainment. Our Reston hotel offers free transportation and is near the Metro Station, so you can easily tour Washington DC and the Capitol. Or stick to Reston and visit close companies, golf courses, wineries and the Dulles International Airport (IAD).
Widewaters Hotels' Mission and Values
Widewaters Hotels is an award winning, innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Widewaters' Hotels Values: Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
Company Website: HyattHouseHerndon.com
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.