Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza - 35 W. 5th St. Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
Provide guidance and leadership to the Rooms Division, ensuring consistent compliance with hotel policies, and quality guest service while maximizing departmental profits. Indirectly offers supervision for the entire hotel as well as making policies and developing plans for carrying out work programs.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Short Term Disability & Long Term Disability (Free for manager positions)
- FREE Group Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Vacation, Personal Days
- 401k + Matching
- Hilton Team Member Travel Discount!
- Crescent Hotel & Resorts Travel Discount!
- Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Accident Insurance
- and much more!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Implement and manage hotel’s daily quality process including goal communication, associate improvement, compliance with Crescent standards of product and performance, service recovery and problem resolution. Disseminate feedback from comment cards, guest satisfaction and service failure measurements and coach accordingly.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Assign and instruct Rooms Division Department Managers in details of work. Observe performance and encourage improvement. Monitor hotel occupancy and make staffing adjustments accordingly. Supervise and review cost and inventory controls.
- Field guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Prepare written correspondence to guests. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps or problem resolution by using experienced judgment and discretion.
- Supervise the budgeting, forecasting, training, motivating and staffing of the Rooms Department including: PBX, Housekeeping, Front Office, Security and Guest Services.
- Prepare Forecast expenses and actual results for the Rooms Division revenue and expenses. Review Security logs daily for significant incidents, and coordinate with department heads all enforcement of policy and/or improvements in service needed.
- Work closely with the General Manager in establishing and monitoring policies and guidelines in the day to day operation of the hotel to ensure profitability and consistency. Solve problems of detail that come up in the course of the work.
- Plan, organize, chair, attend and/or participate in various hotel meetings such as: Staff Meetings, Rooms Division Meetings, Executive Committee Meetings, Quality Teams Meetings, etc.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Requires the exercise of considerable managerial skill as position involves frequent decisions, meeting of deadline, negotiations of contracts of vendors, analytical ability and the planning, organization development and coordination of large scale work projects.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Complex mathematical skills and considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare complex mathematical calculations without error, i.e. budgets, forecasting.
- Ability to listen effectively and to speak English clearly.
- Ability to be mobile for significant distances between and within buildings on the property.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe performance and detect signs of emergency situations and respond with proper action.
- Ability to read and communicate verbally and in writing and prepare complex occupancy reports.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from College or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities.
High school diploma required.
- Minimum of 4 years hotel management experience of Department Head or above.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)