Surf. Sand. Sunset. Success.
Find Yours at Our Special Place.
Shimmering views of the Pacific await you at Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa. Our stunning, Spanish-inspired resort offers guests remarkable meeting space, pampering spa treatments, irresistible restaurants, and superior service in a stunning seaside setting. Join us as “We Care for People So They Can Be their Best.”
Take a peek into our colleague experience as a (Seasonal) Food Runner – Watertable:
What does the role entail?
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive colleagues who are focused on providing authentic hospitality and meaningful experiences to each and every guest. Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're exceeded. It's a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry.
The Food Runner is responsible primarily for assisting the Food Server in serving the guest. This person must have good communication skills as well as the ability to lift, pull and push moderate weight. This is a fast paced position with continual customer contact.
Hyatt colleagues work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Hyatt has the best to offer in restaurant server jobs: Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment
- Previous related serving experience required
- Knowledge in food, wine and spirits required
- Refined verbal communication skills
- Must have physical stamina to lift moderate amounts of weight
- Ability to push and pull heavy objects
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and walk long distances
- Able to stand for entire shift
- Ability to work outdoors and in the sun
- Flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- Full time availability required with no restrictions for Spring Break and the Summer Season through Labor Day
- Open availability mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends
- Food Service Experience preferred
- California Food Handlers Certification required.
What You Will Love About Us
- Location, location, location!
- Flexible work schedules
- Full-time benefit eligibility after 30 days
- Discount hotel stays for colleagues, friends and family
- Tuition reimbursement
- Uniform provided and laundry is taken care of in house
- Complimentary parking in our underground structure
- Complimentary meals during work hours
- Hyatt Perks which includes thousands of national and local partners for various discounts.
“Our purpose is to care for people so they can be their best – and we believe wellbeing is the ultimate realization of our purpose”
- 401(k) Retirement plan & Hyatt stock purchase plan.
“Careers at Hyatt don’t have to follow a traditional career ladder or path with one pace and following only one direction. Rather, they can be customized and adapted based a colleague’s individual circumstances and take the form of a career lattice.”
- Learn and Grow: We are committed to the growth of our colleagues and provide a community where diverse individuals explore new ways of thinking and expanding capabilities
- A wide range of development tools through the Hyatt Learning platform for all colleagues
- Ability to cross-train and work within multiple positions that provide the opportunity to grow skills and value as a colleague
- With over 700 Hyatt Hotels and Resorts in the United States, opportunities for internal promotion are abundant.
“Inclusion and diversity are at the core of our purpose and we are deeply involved in actions that create a culture of opportunity for all”
- Hyatt is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship, status of any other group protected by law.
- Our Vision: Our commitment is to create an environment where people can bring their whole self to work each day – so they can be their best and perform at their best so they can better care for others.
- Hyatt Hotels and Resorts is recognized as one of FORTUNE Magazine, “100 Best Companies to Work For” in the United States for the 9th year in the row.
- The Human Rights Campaign has honored Hyatt among “The Best Places to Work” for LGBTQ equality in 2022, for the 18th consecutive year.