Posted April 20, 2022SpringHill Suites by Marriott Las Vegas Convention Center
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Maintain complete knowledge of and ensure associate compliance with all departmental/hotel policies and procedures.
2. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
3. Establish the day's priorities and assign production and preparation tasks for staff to execute.
4. Review daily menu specials and offer feedback to Sous Chefs.
5. Review banquet event orders and make note of any changes.
6. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
7. Take physical inventory of specified food items for daily inventory.
8. Requisition the day’s supplies and ensure that they are received and stored correctly. Communicate needs with Purchasing and Storeroom personnel. Ensure quality of products received.
9. Meet with the Executive Steward to review equipment needs, banquet plate up assistance, cleaning schedule/project status, health/safety and sanitation follow up.
10. Ensure that staff report to work as scheduled; document any late or absent employees.
11. Ensure that each kitchen work area is stocked with specified tools, supplies and equipment to meet the business demand.
12. Ensure that recipe cards, production schedules, plating guides, photographs are current and posted.
13. Ensure that all staff prepares menu items following recipes and yield guides, according to department standards.
14. Monitor performance of staff and ensure all procedures are completed to the department standards; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
15. Observe guest reactions and confer with service staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
16. Conduct frequent walk throughs of each kitchen area and direct respective personnel to correct any deficiencies. Ensure that quality and details are being maintained.
17. Develop new menu items, test and write recipes.
18. Assist Catering and Sales department with developing special menus for functions; meet with clients as requested.
19. Review sales and food cost daily; resolve any discrepancies with the Controller.
20. Ensure that excess items are utilized efficiently.
21. Oversee and direct training of new hires in specified phases of the kitchen operation. Maintain an on-going training program for existing staff. Reevaluate positions in the kitchen and make changes wherever necessary.
22. Interview and hire new personnel according to hotel policies and standards.
23. Prepare weekly work schedules for all kitchen personnel in accordance with staffing guidelines and forecasted labor costs. Adjust schedules throughout the week to meet business demands. Prepare daily/weekly payroll reports.
24. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
25. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to transport cases of received goods to the work stations; pots and pans of food from storage/prep areas to the serving line. Ability to work with all products and food ingredients involved. Ability to operate, clean and maintain all equipment required in job functions. Ability to plan and develop menus and recipes. Ability to apply basic supervisory skills to plan, organize, direct, coach, train and discipline, as necessary. Ability to ensure security of kitchen access, products and hotel property. Ability to operate with stress, time constraints, physical activity and continuous walking. Finger/hand dexterity in order to operate food machinery. Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 100 lbs. on a continuous schedule.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Crescent. Every Crescent associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
2989 Paradise Road
Las Vegas, NV 89109
299 Room All Suite
Las Vegas always shines brightly…and so does the SpringHill Suites Las Vegas. You’ve come to expect the unexpected in Vegas and this all-suite Hotel plays outside the boundaries too. Offering full service amenities such as restaurant, bar, Market, meeting/event space, catering and audio/visual services, business center, valet/laundry facility, rooftop fitness center and rooftop pool with stunning Strip views. Just 2 blocks from the famous Strip, this Hotel also offers unrivaled value with no resort fee; complimentary breakfast buffet, Wifi, fitness center admission and local/800 calls. And check out the restaurant and bar for special promotions and happy hour daily. Comfort is king with every suite offering king or double-queen, living, working, and pantry – refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. When business or fun calls, we’re just steps from the Las Vegas Convention Center or minutes to the airport, local attractions and all that the Las Vegas Strip has to offer.