Sales & Marketing
Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
We are looking for a Director to join the Global Data Strategy, Activation and Operations (GDSAO) team and lead our marketing data infrastructure and analytics capabilities. This position is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating marketing data-related strategy, development, operations, and adoption of data products. This position will collaborate with data engineers/scientists, campaign managers, and marketing leaders to enable platforms, customer intelligence, build audiences, activate hyper-personalized campaigns, and recommend proactive measures to enable better business decisions every day. This is a high-impact, high-visibility role interacting directly with Marriott’s leaders across Data Strategy as well as the Brand & Marketing organization. The Director will work with stakeholders, partners, and direct reports to develop and implement departmental strategies and ensures integration of ad tech & mar tech with our data platform and related capabilities. He/she will provide technical and strategic consulting to large-scale data and analytics projects; outline system and business process changes needed to improve the quality of data capabilities and support other key initiatives in the areas of data governance, data management, and analytics.
Education And Experience
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Data Analytics, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or similar quantitative discipline required and
Eight or more years of experience demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance in data management, analytics, data warehousing, or marketing technology
Six or more years of experience in data management, analytics, data warehousing, or marketing technology and a Master's degree
- Experience with design and engineering of complex data flows and systems in the Marketing industry/domain required
- Experience managing and defining transformational strategies for digital marketing & paid media data
- Knowledge of underlying marketing tech and internal data sources, database technologies and distributed datastores (e.g. SQL, NoSQL)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results under difficult conditions, particularly when faced with complexity and ambiguity
Core Work Activities
Provide leadership, consulting, and information expertise to achieve the goals for GDSAO:
- Data and Analytics Infrastructure: Work with Analytics and IT teams to develop and deploy an effective marketing data and customer analytics infrastructure
- Contribute to data strategy, data management, and enhanced data products for use by the Marketing discipline.
- Oversee the broader data strategy and effectively prioritize implementation tactics to ensure they are in line with overall organizational goals and long-term business strategies.
- Define the long-term technical product vision supporting the functional areas of cross-channel marketing strategy, operations, campaign reporting and measurement.
- Partner with key stakeholders to clearly define the current tech/data/products gaps in digital identity and paid & owned media campaign lifecycle.
- Manage vendors/technical staff to build the infrastructure to support data & reporting solutions in AWS, Snowflake, Tableau, Python, etc.
- Oversee development of systems and technologies that reduce manual processes and data quality issues relating to data capture .
- Partner with Analytics and IT to build Data Strategy, Analytics and Reporting roadmaps for future years.
- Partner with business leadership to secure funding for critical Data Strategy & IT programs.
Managing Responsibilities With Stakeholders
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders across the organization. Foster a positive climate to build effective teams that are committed to organizational goals and initiatives.
- Update stakeholders on key initiative wins and opportunities, responds to concerns, and solicits feedback. Engage leadership to develop and execute action plans to address gaps.
- Assist direct reports with building and maintaining stakeholder relationships as business partnerships.
- Analyze service issues and identifies trends.
- Work with teams to develop an operational strategy that is aligned with the brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.
- Review and audit expenses.
Managing Revenue Goals
- Monitor performance against budget.
- Review reports and financial statements to determine operations’ performance against budget.
- Coach and support team to manage expenses and controllable expenses.
Managing And Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Interview and hire employees.
- Promote the fair and equitable treatment of employees.
- Facilitate regular, ongoing communication in department (e.g., staff meetings).
- Foster employee commitment to providing excellent service, participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with customer and employees.
- Incorporate customer satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
- Set goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for performance goals.
- Solicit employee feedback.
- Utilize an “open door policy” and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Promote adherence to policies consistently, follows disciplinary procedures and documents items according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
- Conduct annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Champion change ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
- Identify talents of direct reports and their teams and assists with their growth and development plans.
Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
Leading Through Vision And Values
- Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action.
Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
Problem Solving And Decision Making
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
Building A Successful Team
Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
– Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
Driving For Results
- Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Generating Talent And Organizational Capability
- Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning And Applying Professional Expertise
- Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific strategic work challenges.
- Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
Basic Computer Skills
- Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved. Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
|Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?|