Assist Restaurant Manager in all phases of restaurant operations. Responsible for complete restaurant operation in absence of manager.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Monitor servers and busperson adherence to all service standards.
2. Supervise service of guests, being watchful of signals from guests in need of service.
3. Assist manager to establish and monitor sidework duty completion.
4. Maintain bank to Crescent standards.
5. Read daily communication sheets from previous shift and prepare one for the following shift. Check floor plan for appropriate coverage.
6. Check restaurant for cleanliness and set up. Check service stands and aisle areas. Check tables for cleanliness and proper set up.
7. Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate liquor requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
8. Communicate daily with restaurant manager with regard to special events, house counts, etc.
9. Assist restaurant manager in conducting menu classes and taste panels.
10. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
11. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
12. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
We are in downtown within a three-mile radius of the Sloan Museum, Capital Theatre, and Whiting Auditorium. The University of Michigan-Flint and the Farmer’s Market are less than a mile from our doorstep. Wilson, Riverbank, and Chevy Commons parks are all within five minutes. Get a bite to eat at our full-service restaurant.